It was acceptable in the 80s

I know. Who knew?

2 Likes

They are mini rucksacks on a belt that goes around your waist. Thus fanny pack.

2 Likes

Made this for myself. It barely holds anything. I’m going to need a bigger bag :shark::laughing:
I might use this for a late night park outing when I don’t need to carry ponchos or suncream.

14 Likes

very nice work!

2 Likes

Nice!!

1 Like

You are very talented.

5 Likes

Aw thanks :blush: I am quite pleased with it, apart from the size.

6 Likes

TWSS

10 Likes

Looks amazing. I actually think that might work OK. I usually take a runner’s belt (fancy name for tiny bum bag) and can squeeze my phone, an emergency poncho, a travel-size tube of sunscreen, and a sunscreen lip balm in there. My ticket, hotel key, etc. is on a lanyard. On rides like FJ with weird restraints I just push it to the back since I’m…um…lumpy in front. :joy:

2 Likes

This opens up a whole other discussion!! :laughing:

My next project is a messenger style cross body bag.

I’m generally ok with cross body bags in the winter when I have many layers and the bag is over a coat, but in the summer with only one layer it’s a different story.

How do busty ladies wear cross body bags without inadvertantly creating a canyon on the chest?? :see_no_evil::rofl:

2 Likes

I use a crossbody bag for my everyday purse. I try not to catch myself in the mirror in the warmer months. I mean, when I have the crossbody bag on. Ok, now that I think about it, I do mean all the time.

4 Likes

The kids I see using them now think they go around your neck and under your arm. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I was just thinking today how I probably need to get out my summer bag. It’s just a LeSportSac that I wear cross body. I love my Loungefly backpack, but it’s got a winter-heavy feel.

1 Like

I do too! Love it.

Most of the time this is EXACTLY what happens, lol. If you wear it very loose, the straps hang lower than the ladies. I generally wear a crossbody with a mini backpack. I wear the back pack part on my side or front so loose is comfortable.

1 Like

I don’t use them for that very reason. Plus I think I’m build weird as they always cut into my neck. Give me a tote or a backpack any way over something going across me like that.

3 Likes

I saw fanny packs all over USO on Friday, young/old wearing them normally and as crossbody bags too.

4 Likes