It’s GO TIME!

You are really inspiring me to be more leisurely on our upcoming trip. Loving the reports and the photos!!

4 Likes

I love that pool! The slide is great, but the pyramid (especially at night) is fantastic! I love Mexico and have climbed a couple of pyramids there so this whole resort really speaks to me.

6 Likes

We all did the slide-so fun! We are still at the pool but will leave in a bit to go to Epcot. Tomorrow evening we are planning to come back to the pool to see it at night. :blush:

7 Likes

Well, we were going to ropedrop AK this morning but DH and DS are still sound asleep! We already did Pandora so I’m letting them sleep.

Yesterday after our pool “day” we went to Epcot in the evening. DH and DS rode MS orange (that’s a nope for me) and then we started touring WS. The weather was drizzly and great. The evening was going fantastic until DH suggested we ride the skyliner to Riviera and back to try it. Heights normally don’t bother me, but once we got up in the air I freaked. I. Did. Not. Like. This. I am not sure why being on the skyliner affected me so badly! We got off and reboarded to go back to Epcot. When we arrived at the Epcot station our gondola door didn’t open. We went past the regular path and past where the rest of the gondolas were going and then the door opened. I was pretty much done after that but we decided to go on to test track. 15 minutes into the line and the ride closed due to weather. We decided not to wait it out and headed back to resort. :blush:

10 Likes

This happened to us!!! Really freaked my family out. We got out on the side where you get in. No idea what happened!

3 Likes

I was knocking on the doors, and none of the CMs paid any attention. I was like “we need to get out of here!” :joy:

8 Likes

13 Likes

Yeah I was knocking on the windows too. I don’t think they heard us. Another guest saw us waving and knocking and alerted them.

It was really weird

2 Likes

Hello gorgeous :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Really want to stop for everything and smell the roses so to speak today…:joy:

13 Likes

He knows that’s not a drinking fountain right? :joy:

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me! I’m a little afraid of heights but not to the point I avoid stuff like the skyliner but something about it freaked.me.out! Kinda glad I’m not the only one :joy:

3 Likes

Hmm. This sounds very much like my [totally unanticipated] reaction to Soarin’.

Not motion sickness. Complete disassociation. Not fun at all. Took several minutes to reground.

I haven’t been in a hurry to experience the Skyliner. Even tho I loved the MK buckets, which provided some great morning Castle photos.

I have such a love/hate relationship with this attraction because of the heights! My kids get so frustrated with me because I always make them use the extra seatbelt loop thing. I use it too. And then I keep a hand on each kid to make sure they aren’t falling out.

2 Likes

My mom had a severe fear of heights and when we rode the MK Buckets back in the day (no seat belts) she made us sit perfectly still with our hands in our laps. If we even leaned too close to the side of the bucket she yelled at us to sit up straight. On top of that she was yelling at other families traveling in the opposite direction because their young child was leaning on the side looking over the edge. :roll_eyes: Of course that made our tween selves mortally embarrassed and we shrank down in our seats so no one could see us! :rofl:

5 Likes

This would be me.

I probably wouldn’t do this though!

2 Likes

:rofl: there’s no way I was reaching out to ANYone else, first time on Soarin!
I’m not sure how I was able to turn loose of whatever bar I was clutching to release the seat belt. Walking was as disjointed as the Tin Man’s first appearance in the Wizard of Oz.

I can enjoy the experience now if I wear my glasses. But I’m not even trying Flight of Passage.

1 Like

I remember those buckets at MK!

1 Like

This picture crack me up-we look so …distorted! :joy:

13 Likes

Um…

7 Likes