It’s actually happening, WDW here we come!

What a fantastic start to your trip!

4 Likes

Love this! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

So happy you made it! Have all the fun!

3 Likes

I second this. Although we only do carry-ons so I have to buy there, however, the same sentiment.

WARNING: if you bring your own, you might have to “hide” it on mousekeeping days and or put a note out. I’ve had them throw out a few rolls that weren’t even low yet.

5 Likes

I just did the same. I know there was a thread with actual brand recommendations that I should look up.

2 Likes

And a newer conversation:

5 Likes

Made it to our first ride!

14 Likes

Update: we are stuck on PPF

4 Likes

At a good scene???

3 Likes

At least it’s not IASW!

3 Likes

Oh no. Did Hook kidnap you??

1 Like

Did they give you the leis at check in?

We were only stuck on PPF for a few minutes and then the rest of our day was absolutely amazing!

I’m exhausted, it was a long day with travel, I will post more tomorrow…

15 Likes

Cant wait to hear about it!

1 Like

Your pictures are so great!!! Trip is off to a great start!!!

1 Like

That is too cute! :heart_eyes:

OK, yesterday was fantastic. After PPF we went over to BTMRR- DS and I really wanted to ride this in 2019, but it was shut down for thunder and lightning. We did RS because DD didn’t want to ride it, she rode splash in 2019 and has been scared of big or fast rides since.

I had been stacking LL’s and we then rode IASW, HM, carousel, LM, Barnstormer, and Pirates. We did all of this from 4:00 - 8pm. DD was willing to keep going, but I had a headache and barnstormer made it much worse. I just wanted to sit still so we hopped on the monorail back to the poly and watched the fireworks, then we went to our room and crashed.

19 Likes

IASW is DD’s favorite ride. The carousel is her second favorite ride.

22 Likes

OK, it’s pouring rain, so we are in our room and I have time to update:

Yesterday my alarm went off at 7 and I got us an ILL for SDMR, and a LL for JC. DD and I got some breakfast and bought everyone magic bands at the Boutiki while DH and DS slept in a bit.

Here is DD living her best life and getting ready for breakfast.

We organized the room a bit and then headed to MK around 10:30am, we got onto main street just in time to catch Mickey’s Cavalcade, then we had our picture taken in front of the castle.

We had a bit of time before our 11:30 JC LL and DD really wanted to ride the carousel again, so we got into line for that. It was much hotter than the day before - we had gotten lucky having a breezy, overcast day with no rain for our first day. DD was hot, tired and a little grumpy so we just took things slowly. She wanted to pop into Sir Mickey’s to look at some princess dolls, I hadn’t realized that there were photo pass photographers there. We took some fun photos in the A/C.

Then we made our way over to JC and used our LL. I was starting to get hungry and wanted to stop at Sleepy Hollow, but then we just happened to be in front of Liberty Tree Tavern in a shady spot looking at the menu when I realized everything was blocked off for the 12:00 parade. So we ordered our food for pick up a bit later and we stayed to watch the parade. It was the first time any of us have gotten to see the parade and it was so fun! I loved all of it, I’m partial to Rapunzel, so that was probably my favorite float.

DH and I split the spicy chicken and waffle sandwich, DD had a corn dog, DS had the Nutella and fruit waffle and we all shared a funnel cake. I really enjoyed the spicy chicken waffle, and I had a bit of DD’s corn dog which was pretty good. I’m probably the only person in the world who doesn’t like Nutella, so I didn’t try that, but DS really liked it.

Then we went back over to Splash Mountain and did RS because DD didn’t want to ride, she doesn’t like big drops. While DS and I were on Splash the ride stopped at the top and we were up there for about 20 minutes. DS and I then realized that this was the fourth ride that had stopped while we were on it. The day before PPF, IASW and POTC all stopped while we were on them. They ended up closing Pirates for the night after we had gotten off.

After Splash we all rode SDMT, and DD loved it, it was her first time riding it. Then we stopped at Gaston’s Tavern for LeFou’s Brew and DS had a ham and cheese pretzel sandwich.

After that we used our HM LL and you guessed it… stuck for about 15 minutes.
I just realized that we are missing DH and DS’s HM pictures, oh well, here I am with DD.

After that we were all hot and tired, we headed back to the Poly to shower and change and we had dinner at Kona. I had the Mahi BLT and it was delish. DS and DH had some sushi rolls and DD had a cheeseburger. For dessert we had the Ohana bread pudding, it was the first time we had ever had it and it was so good, we all loved it.

We had planned to all go back to MK for the evening, but DD was looking exhausted and she just wanted to swim and rest. DS wanted to go on Space Mountain, DH had no interest in riding Space, so DS and I headed back to MK we rode BTMRR, and Space, we wanted to try the People Mover, but it was not running. DS was hungry so we got him some corn dog nuggets and then we headed back to the resort. We got there about 10 minutes before the fireworks started. DD was still in the pool, she had made some friends and they all enjoyed swimming and watching the fireworks together. It was a really lovely way to end the day.

Then we all headed to bed because in the morning we were going to Wild Africa Trek!

19 Likes

I love the classically trained tshirt!

Those are adorable shots, and you look like you’re either overheated or sunburned. Hopefully neither, though!

How cool! I’ve always missed the parade.

OMG :scream_cat:. That is a lot of rides to stop!

:crying_cat_face: you would just gotten stuck on it, anyway…

Great idea!

Sorry about the rain, though.

4 Likes