Calling All Packing Cube Afficianodos

Okay, which packing cubes are the best and why do you think that? And go…

I can tell which ones to NOT get: The ones Aldi sells sometimes. We bought a set from them. One of them, the zipper was ruined almost immediately.

We have some from IKEA. They were cheap, but have worked great so far. They came as a set of 3 in different sizes. We bought two sets. I’m sure there are nicer versions out there, though!

2 Likes

I’ve been using ebags for a few years and they have held up very nicely.

2 Likes

Amazon Basics are the best I have. We have tried two others and they are a much lower quality. The Amazons ones were more money but well worth it in my opinion

2 Likes

Me, too. But Amazon (UK) seems to not stock them any more.

1 Like

eBags FTW. Well made, a variety of shapes and sizes, and plenty of different colors so you can easily separate out the cubes for family members.

2 Likes

Another one with Amazon basics over here. Worked great for us. I have another set that I got as a lightening deal right before our trip, but I prefer the Amazon basics.

1 Like

I’m actually thinking about trying large zip lock style plastic bags. We don’t normally use packing cubes, so this would be a good (and cheap) way to see if works for us.

1 Like

Could you tell me which ones you bought that were lower quality?

I’ve heard that they are slippery. Let me know how that works for you.

That doesn’t surprise me. Thanks!

I don’t know about best, but the Amazon basics worked great for us last trip. We just bought some more on Prime day on a good sale, different brand. So we will see how those work out.

1 Like

This is how I separate everyone’s clothes in my carryon luggage. I always carry a change of clothes and a bathing suit for DD7 and myself in my bag. We each get a gallon size Ziploc bag. Works well if you’re traveling somewhere warm (shorts and a tee…wouldn’t work with long pants).

2 Likes

Looking at Amazon I think the low quality ones were made by “For Natural Life.” There is now a bunch that look just like these for sale now. The other brand was very similar in quality and appearance. Neither low quality ones have a name on them.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s helpful. There are tons showing on Amazon.

Definitely, 100% no doubt, Eagle Creek Specter Compression cubes. Great quality, super lightweight, and the double zippers let you really compress your cube to get the most space in your suitcase/backpack.

I’m including a link because Eagle Creek has a lot of cubes that have a similar name/ style, and it gets confusing quickly:

1 Like

Thanks! I see that their site is being recreated, so they are selling them at ebags right now.

We purchased Shacke Packs from Amazon. Love them! They have sets with all one size or multiple sizes and lots of color choices. We have done ziplocs and compression bags in the past, but the cubes are far more effective at keeping my family organized and preventing tornado decor.

Love this!

Very nice! If you definitely want the compression, make sure it says that. They also have the Specter Tech, which upon first glance seems the same (but cheaper!), but doesn’t have that second zipper. I learned the hard way and had to do an exchange.