It’s actually happening, WDW here we come!

We are leaving for our WDW trip tomorrow morning! I’m 99% packed and still in shock that this is really happening. We had a May 2020 trip planned which of course didn’t happen, and we’ve been planning this crazy trip ever since.

Our trip is DH, myself, DS18 (celebrating his HS graduation) and DD9. Our 2020 trip was supposed to be a quick 4 day trip at BWI. Over the past 2 years it has morphed into an 8 day split stay Poly/BWI, a day at TL, reservations for Savi’s, Droid building and WAT. The stress of the pandemic, doing basically nothing, and isolating for 2 years made our quick trip grow into more of a Disney Extravaganza.

I’m pretty type A, I like schedules and lists and planning, but I think I’ve done all of the planning I can, I’ve practiced with Genie at home, I’ve tweaked and re-tweaked our dining reservations. Now it is time for me to pretend that I know how to relax and go with the flow so that we can have the amazing, relaxing, fun trip I’ve been dreaming of for the past 2 years.

I will post a few updates and pictures throughout our trip and then I’ll come back and write up a proper trip report when we are home. I’m so excited!

This picture is from our March 2019 trip, my kids look so young here, it’s amazing how much a kid changes in 3 years.

45 Likes

So awesome! That revenge travel is a real thing! Have all the fun!

4 Likes

So awesome! I can’t wait to follow along. I hope y’all have the best time!

3 Likes

Looking forward to following along! You’re right-- it’s crazy the speed at which they grow! I think it’s especially apparent because of how the pandemic made the last few years a bit of a blur.

3 Likes

Have a fabulous time!!

2 Likes

Looking forward to your stories!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! Have the best time!

3 Likes

Have a blast! Looking forward to reading about all the fun!

3 Likes

I agree, I think the pandemic totally changed how I perceive time. In some ways it went really slowly and in other ways it feels like those two years didn’t really happen. There are so few notable memories to mark time passing, it feels like a big blank in my memory.

9 Likes

I shouldn’t be on here, I need to get back to packing and cleaning, but I just had to say…

Thank you to everyone who recommended packing cubes - they are a definite game changer for us. I can’t believe how much space they save and I’m actually organized for my trip - it’s amazing!

10 Likes

I learn so many nice life hacks on here…googles packing cubes

8 Likes

I concur.

3 Likes

We need photographic evidence of your newly acquired packing prowess!

2 Likes

Looking forward to following along! Have all the fun!

2 Likes

Here you go! :sunglasses: 8 days of stuff packed for 4 people, we even packed paper towel and toilet paper, and we still have 1/2 of a giant suitcase empty for souvenirs.

I pulled the packing cubes out a few days before packing and totally panicked, thinking that there was no way all of our stuff would all fit into them. I purchased 2 more sets from Amazon, but after packing we have some cubes that are still empty and I never even opened the box with the 2 extra sets!

19 Likes

Dang momma! You’ve been busy! I love all the ziplocks, paper supplies, etc. So funny!

4 Likes

Quick shout-out to TP travel agency, Michelle made my trip planning so incredibly easy. I woke up one morning to an email with confirmation of my new total after she had applied the discount that had just come out, excellent, quick service through the whole process and I got this fun little swag kit this week!

24 Likes

Excited for you!

2 Likes

I refuse to have another trip using the Disney toilet paper :rofl:. Sometimes you just need some paper towel or a trash bag and those things won’t have to come back with us, so we will have even more room for souvenirs.

9 Likes

Have a fantastic trip! Glad you have a trip report so we can follow along.

I totally get where you’re coming from on this! There was a while where I brought my own TP when I visited my parents house because they didn’t have the kind I like. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes