It looks like we're really doing this! - Another Pandemic Trip Report

Sorry you missed TT! Sounds like a fab day.

1 Like

20 Likes

You doubted me??

5 Likes

My sister is flight attendant for Alaska and she is based out of Seattle. I half expected to see her waltzing through you pic and I have no idea why :joy:

3 Likes

All ‘dem platters. You is doin’ it right!

I’m definitely going to have to really hit up Germany this time. Usually their stuff seems mediocre…but that looks absolutely fantastic. (Maybe I just need to eat breakfast, i dunno)

2 Likes

this is a good pic! definitely send it to Touring Plans (hotel_photos@touringplans.com) so they can add it to the room finder views

4 Likes

I did!

2 Likes

Congrats on the BG! Tell us how it goes!

Never! I was just being delicate with @ryan1’s feelings. :wink:

3 Likes

It was good! The snickernudln or whatever it’s called was like a yummy baked Mac n cheese with onions. I loved it!! The strudel was good too. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the spam hash at the Hawai’i booth. :yum:

3 Likes

Today (obviously-see boarding group posted above) was HS. We had a traumatic experience in January at DLR and didn’t make it into the park by 8:00. We did end up with a backup BG but it was an extraordinarily bad operations day for ROTR and no backup groups were called. So I was nervous. And the first bus supposedly doesn’t leave AKL for HS until 9:30. We decided to call a ride share instead. I think this was a good call for my peace of mind if nothing else.

We sailed thru temp and security screens. No line at the gate. I wonder if it’s like that all the time? Getting into DLR seems so much more time consuming. Once in we considered getting in line for MMRR but the line was already quite long. Instead we headed to TSL and got in line for SDD.

I was on world clock as we were in the queue. The girls both closed the app and then opened again about 9:57. We counted down to 10:00 and everyone hit join queue. Slight delay because we had to get everyone selected (I couldn’t figure out how to do that ahead of time) but DD17 got us BG 16. At this point I finally felt I could relax and just enjoy SDD. Which is a great little coaster! We all loved it.

We decided to finish up TSL and did the other two rides TSMM is a ride we’re very familiar with at DLR but the queue is so much more fun at WDW! Then on to ASS or AS2 whichever you prefer. :joy:. Didn’t realize this is basically Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. I have to say we like the alien version (and music) better.

From TSL we walked to Batuu. Which is about when I started melting. It was so hot. I could not take it. We briefly walked around and then hightailed it out the other side. We realized we were right next to Star Tours and hopped on. DD17 and I rode it twice. The second time thru we had three scenes we hadn’t seen before! One was the planet with the raging sea where Rey and Kylo Ren battled in Rise of Skywalker. Another was the holographic communication in the middle which was from Lando! I love this ride and was super excited to see new scenes.

By the time we got off our BG had been called and we headed back into SWGE. The ride … it’s amazing! When we got off at the end, my DD20 (who had previously ridden it at DLR) asked how I liked it and I was so emotional I got a little teary eyed! ROTR is the only reason we have another HS day planned. I have to ride it again!

Next up we headed toward Sunset Blvd and ran into a character cavalcade!

We rode RnRC twice. It was so hot. I’m melting! Then rode ToT although DD17 slipped out at the last minute.

We had a 3:15 reservation at Sci-Fi Drive-in. It was a great time to sit down somewhere cool. The food was decent. DD17 and I shared a wedge salad and BBQ burger. They served us everything on separate plates which I thought was really nice.

After we recharged at Sci-Fi, we decided to try MMRR. Lines said it was 44 minutes but we only waited 20-25. Loved this ride! It was so much fun!

Then it was back to SWGE to ride MFSR, and then to TSL to ride SDD, then back to MMRR for a second time. By this time it was getting close to 7:00 and crowds were definitely thinning out. We’re used to DLR where the crowds get crazier as the night wears on!

I forced the girls to watch the Mickey short cartoon “Vacation Fun.” Then we walked back to RnRC so the girls could ride again while I tried out Racing Academy. I don’t remember RnRC being so rough. I don’t know if I can do it again!

All in all it was a great day. We survived the heat again. It helps that the days are relatively short. A normal DLR day for us can be 14+ hours. Ten hours is very doable in comparison even with the heat.

Our hearts belong to DLR but we are loving WDW! :heart_eyes:

18 Likes

As we were waiting for MMRR, my daughter thought the title was “Perfect Pandemic” instead of “Perfect Picnic”! :joy:

5 Likes

I totally forgot they were adding this! I’m really looking forward to going back now, even though ST makes me mildly ill!

Congrats on getting to ride RotR finally! I’m so happy for you and glad you loved it!

2 Likes

Can’t remember which thread mentioned the personalized sign in various rides. But this happened today. Chessie is DD20. She was a little freaked out by it but because of this group I had the answer!

14 Likes

Okay. What?! Somehow I missed this one. Personalized signs?

It’s in the RnRC queue. They pick someone(s) and put their first name and hometown on a digital poster. They get it from the magic bands.

4 Likes

Yeah, it reads your magic band and loads up you as a headliner for a show.

1 Like

Jinx! :grin:

1 Like

I wish you could get them printed. That’d be a very cool souvenir

7 Likes

FYI. It is going to be incredibly hot in WA this weekend. Be glad that you are in WDW if you have to be hot.

2 Likes

On that subject, we are having a heat wave in Phoenix as well. It got up to 117 today and is supposed to be highs of 115 through Wednesday. We have had over one month of consecutive days over 110 (a record). It’s ridiculous. Actually, I heard it was 110 in Encino, CA (near LA) today. Heat waves all over.

That’s 2020 for you.

3 Likes