It looks like we're really doing this! - Another Pandemic Trip Report

We are! So the ME driver dropped us at Jambo House. :joy:. They offered to drive us over to Kidani but I wanted to walk. The girls were complaining the whole way. But we got to see the jambo lobby which I was hoping to see!image

11 Likes

Why sideways? I don’t know!

2 Likes

Welcome home! :heart:

4 Likes

Have a great trip!!! Can’t wait to follow along!

1 Like

So excited for another trip report! Have a fantastic time!

3 Likes

When your phone asks you what size you want and you don’t go with the original size, it seems to go sideways.

Have a great time!

4 Likes

Thanks for the photo tip @missoverexcited!

We arrived (at Jambo House) around 1:00 am as predicted. Enjoyed (me not the girls) the short walk to Kidani and found our room. It was hard to settle down and I had to get up pretty early since I had scheduled an Amazon Fresh order for an 8:00-10:00 delivery window. I’m tired but the girls at least got a decent amount of sleep.

I’m not going to lie - I’m disappointed with our view. I think I just assumed we’d be somewhere on one of the larger savannas. When I walked down to the lobby and saw that view … I was feeling quite sad about it. But how much of that is me just being tired? I’m going to enjoy the day and see how I feel about it tomorrow. It would be a huge pain to change rooms.

Epcot is on the agenda today but we are planning a later arrival. Here is the view from our room. My daughter’s iPhone 11 takes such great pics!

18 Likes

Are you looking for a more expansive view? I would not personally be disappointed with that. It’s a savanna view.

(I am not meaning to sound argumentative and I am feeling like it might come across that way. I’m just looking to understand what is disappointing you)

4 Likes

I still think that area looks like a feeding area and you might see more animals, and a variety there. Trees are usually placed for giraffes.

3 Likes

Have a wonderful trip! AKL is my favorite. At Kidani there is only one main savannah. It’s broken into two sections like horns. You’re right at the inner curve of one of them. It looks like you have a hog and maybe okapi in your image. Most of the animals are going to stay in the shaded areas during the heat of the day. If you want to change rooms, I would ask for one closer to the elevator and/or down a floor for better viewing.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. I just had a picture in my head and it’s not matching up. But you’re absolutely right that it’s a great view and I shouldn’t be disappointed. I’m working on that!

5 Likes

I love Gran Fiesta Tour! :heart_eyes: We’re now in line for FEA.

20 Likes

I think it’s a lovely view but if you were expecting lots of animals I can see why you’re disappointed. There might be lots at a different time of day though.

3 Likes

Often the animals are in the barns in the morning. Late afternoon and evening will be when you can really tell.

2 Likes

I’d wait til your back but if still no animals, I’d ask if a change is possible.

Ah that matters though.

About the room - or the view from the room. We do have animals. In the picture we took this morning it’s hard to see but there are I think 5 different species of hooved (is that a word?) animals out there including an okapi. My kids should have been way more impressed that I knew what that was.

I think I am moving past the view not being what I expected. My girls are perfectly happy with it and I am embracing it too. I think I had built it up as my one and only chance to stay here with a savanna view so had a few too many expectations. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. But really, if I want to, I can come back.

So thank you all for your support and your reality checks! I needed both!

9 Likes

Now about Epcot! You guys, it was so hot. :hot_face: We are not used to that. At all. But we made it through and even managed to have a good time. We arrived around 1:00 and made it to close.

We went right to WS starting with Mexico and working around clockwise. Of course we did Gran Fiesta and FEA. FEA was about a 20-25 minute line. This was the only ride with a line all day. Not too bad. Then we started eating. We ate at China,

Germany,

and Japan.

We were pretty much full at that point.

We saw Joy outside of the Figment ride and took some socially distanced pics. Then when we came out of Figment, Pooh (my fave) was there.

We basically walked on Soaring and LWL then went to the Seas. I don’t think we did the Seas on our last visit. I loved it! The manatees were the highlight for me.

Then it was on to SE which was also a walk on and bumpier than I remembered, but we really enjoyed it.

Then the plan was TT and MS but DD17 had a hankering for the food at the France booth, so back we went.

But we couldn’t resist trying the food at Hawaii as well.

As you can see, I had ordered myself an Aulani Sunrise and wanted time to savor it so I suggested we head back over to ride GFT and FEA again and then hit TT on the way out. (Mutual decision to forgo MS,). On the way we got DD20 a ribeye taco at the Mexico booth but sadly did not take a pic. It was delish!

So here is where I end up with two girls being irritated with me. Because by the time we got back to TTit was lightning and the ride was shut down. Soon it started raining and TT did not reopen. Oopsie! I told them they weren’t missing much but they were not happy.

It was a beautiful evening in spite of the rain! We thoroughly enjoyed Epcot and tomorrow is HS!

27 Likes

Wow you got through Epcot much faster than @ryan1! :joy: Sounds like @Randall1028 was right.

True. Just remind them that Radiator Springs Racers is basically the same ride system but so much better.

3 Likes

Looks like a great day!! The heat did seem to get easier after a couple days, we sorta got used to it. Ducking into AC rides/buildings from time to time is key. Good luck with boarding groups tomorrow!!

1 Like