It looks like we're really doing this! - Another Pandemic Trip Report

We visited WDW once before in January, 2012. My daughters were 9 and 11 (almost 12) and we were with my brother and sister-in-law. We stayed off-site in a VRBO and spent 6 days in parks - 1 day Epcot, 1 day MK, 1-1/2 days HS, 1-1/2 days AK. We LOVED it! And January seemed to be the perfect time to go to Florida. So of course we’re going back in August! Makes sense, right? We live in Tacoma, WA - today it is cloudy and in the 60’s. What are we getting ourselves into?

We got a screaming good deal on a DVC dedicated rental at AKL with a savanna view - my dream! :heart_eyes: And we’re again planning 6 days in the parks identical to our last visit. We’ll play it by ear, though, and change it up if need be. The daughters are 17 and 20 now, so this will be a vastly different trip. No more crying on Splash Mountain and Test Track! :rofl:

We’re leaving in about 15 minutes for the airport and will get into Orlando around midnight. Luckily the flight is very empty which has eased my concerns over flying. So … bye for now and I’ll see you in the bubble!

41 Likes

Good luck! I’m looking forward to following along! :blush:

2 Likes

Yay! More people to live vicariously through as I sit at work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Awesomesauce!

1 Like

I am so happy you too are leaving WA and headed to do something fun! I hope your trip is great!

2 Likes

It is bizarre to see SeaTac airport basically deserted in the middle of the day in the middle of summer.

8 Likes

Yes!! Sounds great- have a good trip!

1 Like

Yes, it looks quite odd! MCO was similar when we flew in on 7/27. This was not the case in Denver today, it was quite busy.

1 Like

What?!? Have a great trip! Stay safe and cool :wink:!

1 Like

Have a great trip!
P

1 Like

Have fun! Thanks for letting us follow!

1 Like

Question for those who know AKL. We had requested a room on the main savanna. We’ve been assigned 7843 which is on one of the smaller savannas. I think. Does anyone have experience with this part of the resort? I called because initially I thought it wasn’t a savanna view room. The CM assured me it is but that I can request a change if I’m not happy after arrival. Problem is we’ll be arriving about 1:00 am!

Sorry we have only stayed in the main lodge, not Kidani. I do know that we had a standard room that I thought might be a dud…but was wonderful. It looked out over a watering hole that was very popular with the animals at night. There were 2 giraffes that slept there the whole week. I hope your room is great, if not don’t hesitate to ask to be moved (though that can be a huge pain once in the room).

3 Likes

Are we both posting from the plane? :joy:

1 Like

This is the pic from TP room finder page but it’s a floor above.

4 Likes

Yes! What airline are you on? Direct flight?

Alaska. And yes, direct flight. Only four more hours to go! How about you?

Getting ready to land in Baltimore. Then one more flight to New Hampshire, it is fairly short maybe an hour and a half. We could have been in Orlando by now! :rofl: Flying Southwest.

1 Like

I honestly would wait- not every Animal is on every savannah and being close to a feeding animal is important too. If you wake up and don’t like it, they could still move you.

3 Likes

Are you there yet? Are you there yet? :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes