Will Trade: Random Covid Info for Targeted WDW/UOR Info (aka Land of a Gabillion Silly Questions)

How do you feel about pickles and mustard? People seem to either love or hate those cheeseburger bao buns, and those 2 ingredients tend to be divisive in other dishes, so I’m curious if that’s the issue. (DH adores them. I avoid at all costs.)

I remember this from Jambo house too! With it only being one night of the trip (and not a park day), it’s less of a concern, but I will keep in mind.

This seems to be the key difference. Hopefully we get at least one on the Sunset side.

Yes

Noted. Ty!

Both times we’ve stayed at AKL before we had infants (DS16 at 7 months and DS11 twins at 9 months) so did midday breaks most days. Luckily they would sleep on their own or in our arms while we sat on the balcony. Hopefully we can roll in shortly after checkin and we’ll stay on site past checkout, so hopefully get full enjoyment. If the wait for Sanaa breakfast is too long (or the animals are at our rooms anyway), we’ll get it to go.

Ah, I’ll see if I can figure out how to do that…

1 Like

This is a long thread already, and I haven’t looked through it at all. I’m sure you’re getting good answers. Just wanted to say that some fellow Texans will be there at the same time. That would be me, DW, DS6, DS4, and DD2. DW is still going back and forth on the value of going now versus waiting a year. But I need my Disney fix after this horrible year. Our plan is 5/28-6/6 (ish) with 6-7 nts @ AoA and 2-3 nts @ CR (or BLT). The final plan is still very fuzzy, and I’m booking ADRs for like 2-3 different contingency plans. For those of you who have followed me in the past, this should not be a surprise. Plans should get buttoned up in the next few weeks though based on work/school schedules and vaccine rollout. However, when I called WDW to ask about something, and they saw my strangely overlapping AoA/CR/BLT reservations they really gave me a hard time. I was very put off by their attitude. Anyways. Happy planning! Maybe we will see each other!

6 Likes

y’all are starting to make me have Liner Meet FOMO. We leave 5/24 and seemingly miss everyone.

4 Likes

Well stay longer:smile:. Easy fix.

6 Likes

When I get a few of my logistics ironed out, I’ll set us up a Google sheet to fill in with dates and parks because my head is spinning with who is where and when! It’s going to be fun to put faces with the screen names!

5 Likes

Oh! Oh! Oh! Questions I have intimate knowledge of!

We stayed at Kidani in a Savanna view back in August. We requested a room through the TP room request function on the Sunset Savanna. We got a room on the Pembe Savanna. I was really disappointed at first but grew to love it. Pembe is separate from the larger savannas (which seem to be interconnected) and is home to smaller beasts like the tiny Steenbok. This is also where you’ll see the Okapi and Casanova. If you haven’t watched the AK series on Disney+ you should! They also use this savanna when they want to separate females from males. So you might get the female red river hogs while the males are on the larger savanna, etc. There are lots of animals there and because the savanna is smaller, they are almost always in view. But if you want to see giraffes, they are not on Pembe. It is closer to the pool, but everything is a long walk there.

This is a link to our trip report. The very beginning has my angst over the room with a few pics.

5 Likes

I thought it tasted like a sloppy joe w/ too much bread. I remember making sloppy joes, decades ago, with just ketchup and mustard.

Wha?

Sloppy Joes with ketchup and mustard?

Your Sloppy Joes are way different from mine

2 Likes

This was soooo long ago (1970s), I do not make them that way any more :wink:

2 Likes

AKA “secret sauce”. Well sometimes there is some mayo in there too…

2 Likes

At Kidani the parking is underneath the building. I think the long hallways are less of an issue with a car. I am requesting a room in the far end near Jambo (I am pretty sure they will gladly give it to me). I spent so many years non preferred at POR that indoor air conditioned hallways will never bother me.

3 Likes

My grandma’s sloppy joe recipe was mostly ketchup and worchestershire

2 Likes

OK so this Manwich stuff I am mostly used to???

Not a thing?

I am the anomaly?

2 Likes

Oh I’ve definitely eaten that too. But grandma’s was always better.

1 Like

That’s what I use now :wink:

2 Likes

Genius. Although we’ve already got 12 nights booked. Don’t think DH will go for any extra days. :wink:

3 Likes

I got mine to add three days at Vero Beach! So if I can do it you can!

Edit: We have 12 nights at WDW too.

3 Likes

Very nice! We’ve talked about taking on the beach but I honestly think my kids will be done at that point. We’re doing 14 nights total, the first two at Universal then 12 at WDW. We’ll see…the beach for a few days afterwards sure sounds relaxing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When we did Disney in 2010, we stopped on the way back for a few days at a beach condo in Fort Walton. It was totally the right call with the kids being DD9, DS6, and DS9m twins at the time! I think DH would have fell over if he’d tried to go straight back to work.

Okay, so my AKL room plot thickens! I haven’t hacked into DH’s MDE yet to check the second room, but I was able to link our first room to my MDE and it is in fact…Jambo House!

(Wow! I had no idea how satisfying it would be to see something back in My Plans again!)

Now, I’m trying to decide if I actually have a preference, and if so, if it’s strong enough to try to move it over to Kidani. After all, it’s just one night. And no idea on availability anyway.

Do all of the Jambo savanas have giraffes and zebras? I think the kids would prefer those, so staying put would neatly sidestep the Pembe possibility. (I think we overlooked Arusha savana both of our two previous visits.)

Is there any significant difference between the 2 pools?

I have heard Jambo has a weird “ghost town” atmosphere right now with most of the services closed. Will that be depressing after its vibrancy when we ate at Boma last January when it was still all decked out for Christmas? Or will we enjoy “having it to ourselves”? Do I just need to spin it that way to the fam? :laughing:

Parking shouldn’t be a big deal since it’s only one night and we plan to eat on-site. It will be a bit of a trek to Sanaa but we need to warm up for the parks anyway.

And…I’m pretty sure I do still have 2 Mara lifetime refill mugs. :joy: Maybe Mara will even have longer hours by then? (DS16 made a sport of how fast he could run from the room and return with filled mugs at BC last year.)

2 Likes

Lol! I can totally see this being beneficial. DH actually is only joining us for a weekend in the middle of our trip. Otherwise it’s my kids, my dad and I. DH would probably join us for the beach after tho!

2 Likes