Is this the solution to all my problems?

What posh New England prep school dis you teach at? The flip flop thing surprises me and at the same time doesn’t…

1 Like

So the new shoes have arrived from the US.

I bought them in two sizes because you can never be quite sure which the best fit will be. Both were on a very generous special offer so I didn’t mind wasting the money. The two pairs were cheaper than one full-price pair. And US shoe sizes don’t necessarily translate directly to UK ones.

Initial impressions. The material they are made from is surprisingly soft. Softer than Crocs. The smaller size was very snug on bare feet. The larger size seemed like a great fit on bare feet and a slightly snug fit with socks. They look great — certainly miles better than Crocs. No problem wearing them with short, trainer-type socks as they’re basically invisible inside the shoe.

My guess is that they could make terrific all-weather park shoes, but longer-term testing is obviously needed. Very positive feeling about them so far.

Oh, they would be a non-starter for people with broad feet. There’s no give to them and they are not exactly narrow, but they’re not wide.

15 Likes

I love helpful detailed reviews! Thanks!

1 Like

I just ordered a $19 clearance pair (with free shipping even for just one cheap item… woo!) from the Native site to try before I cough over $55 for the Mickey ones.

2 Likes

That’s literally what I did. Smart move.

1 Like

So they only took 12 days to get to the UK? Did you get the star ones? Are we shoe twins?

1 Like

Yes and yes. I got red size 8 and blue size 9. The 9’s were the better fit.

I got blue… I have medium-ish width feet, so I’m curious how they’ll fit.

Did you go up a size? I’m thinking about it … Mostly cuz I want to be shoe twins with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. Kidding!

4 Likes

I’m usually an 8.5 or 9 and I got a 9.

1 Like

Samesies. I got the 8 as well just in case because I’ve always thought my Crocs are one size too big. But I think they’re supposed to be.

I picked my size after reading your review. Not that I know how big my feet are, relative to yours, but since you seemed to be between sizes and the larger size was better I figured the larger size would be the way to go.

I think that’s the right call.

My feeling is that you want these shoes to be snug to avoid rubbing if they’re loose (like my Crocs can do) but not tight.

1 Like

I’m someone who has to wear ugly SAS shoes at work, and I wear flip flops in the park, but not like the cheap old navy kind. Last time, I used Crocs brand. My preferred brand is Clarks, but I couldn’t find a style I liked last time I shopped for them. The best I ever had for park wear were some Speedo’s I got on clearance. I also wore flip flops backpacking Europe and China, although I did wear sneakers for the Great Wall.

1 Like

how dare you tell us all this and not show us a picture!

Pictures will follow!

1 Like

I seriously think these shoes are adorable, yet I am one of those “non-starter” flintstone footed individuals so I will stick with my crocs and call it a day

Welcome to our club. :heart:

Am doing first serious test today.

Just wearing them indoors.

I can imagine them getting quite sweaty, but probably not a problem outdoors and they’re easy to clean. Definitely perfect for wet weather and water rides. Are they allowed at water parks?

All day shoe? Hmm. Not sure.

Would be interested to try a size one larger. Feet swell up in the heat and when you’re walking a lot. This size feels fine but there’s no give.

7 Likes

Cute shoes! (can I tell a guy his shoes are cute? :thinking:)
Wish I could join that club but your detailed review told me they wouldn’t work for me; TY.

1 Like