Is this the solution to all my problems?

Interesting — wrote that bit just now after just sitting wearing them. As I walk around the house I feel a slight draft through all the holes, like the shoes have their own built-in air conditioning. They are super cushiony soft to walk on.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued, wonder how narrow they are.

For example I can’t wear TOMS think they are like those?

1 Like

But have you ever hiked a mountain in five fingers? I, like you, wore actual hiking shoes for the Great Wall as we hiked from Jianku I think it was called to Mutianyu. I have done easier hikes in flip flops but I’ve suffered a high ankle sprain and some smaller sprains so I actually prefer five fingers for maximum balance and foot muscle grip or something with ankle coverage. Nothing in between

1 Like

I’ve never even tried them on! They seem more constrictive than shoes to me.

They’re really not. They’re like gloves to your feet. very bendable. But I no longer run in them because I did start to get foot muscle pain. I do still like to do day hiking in them…I will say going down the mountain in them was hard because you felt every rock.

1 Like

There is ONE place in Disney World where Crocs aren’t technically allowed — on escalators! That’s right, if you’re wearing Crocs and need to take an escalator, signage indicates that your chosen shoes are not welcome! The following photo was taken at Disney Springs at the bottom of an escalator, and, yep, those are Crocs behind the big red stripe.

Umm …

3 Likes

It wouldn’t load. Hold on …

3 Likes

rest of the story was that crocs get stuck In The escalator and lots of children in particular were getting caught. Yikes!

I would’ve thought they’d be more worried about gators :thinking:

3 Likes

:crocodile::crocodile::crocodile::crocodile::crocodile::crocodile:

1 Like

The more I hear about escalators, the more I take the stairs.

Yes, I know I’m lucky that stairs are an option. Yes, I have a bad hip. No I don’t care. I even make a game out of it with my family who chose to stay on the escalator. And I will never, ever step on that metal plate at the top of an escalator again if I can humanly avoid doing so. Even if it means I look like a weirdo doing Cirque du Soleil-esque contortions to avoid it.

1 Like

Can I ask why?

:flushed:

I wasn’t even trying to find the video. I was reading a news article that had the video there. I thought it was edited or would break away at the icky part, but I was very, very wrong.

Sorry. :frowning_face::frowning_face:

1 Like

Some things you can never unsee :flushed::worried: warnings would have been helpful. I’m always covering my eyes :eyes: in movies or shows when I think gross or injurious events are imminent

2 Likes

Me too! I love the show 9-1-1 for the dynamic and the storylines, but I seriously have to watch it covering my eyes most of the time.

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:
funny about watching it w/ eyes covered not funny about any stress it causes

My DH comes in and at one point I was under the blanket yelling “LALALALALALALALALALALA”

:rofl::rofl:

He walks over and mutes it! Then I yelled at him because if it’s muted…then I don’t know when it’s safe to look again!

Good writing is SOOO hard to find, imo, nowadays. If they just took out the gore I’d be happy as a clam!

Remember the Hitchcock movies, they scared the crap out of people by NOT showing things. I miss that. Then I can just imagine people getting together and just having a screaming contest! Or they’re screaming because they saw a bug in the shower!

2 Likes

Hitchcock movies are the BEST!

soooo many good ones…

2 Likes