In room cooking ideas for light meals

Definitely have them at OKW.

See this thread on that topicā€¦.

1 Like

Yes they are really nice. Meg was super responsive and dropped everything off in a beautiful package at Saratoga Springs for me. I opted for the 50th statuesā€¦

~ in response to your original question
I fix a lot of meals for my family and or myself while we are staying on property, but we are a DVC family so we generally in a Villa. That said the most versatile gadget we have for cooking while traveling is are pressure cooker- I use the pampered chef version -Deluxe Quick Cooker- so I can only offer what I can do with thatā€¦besides the pressure cooker & slow cooker features it has a sautĆ© feature that I use as a hot plate for scrambled eggs ectā€¦lol itā€™s traveled a lot.

If you wing up in a room with a microwave let me know I have quite a few recipes for quick was mealsā€¦

Hmm maybe we could get a favorite traveling meals thread goingā€¦

So jealous of yā€™all who actually got responses from them.

oh maybeā€¦ I only have ever noticed them at Deluxe resorts and they all have DVC wings

1 Like

Had my mind blown the other day - never had much success with foil packs on grill but using pie pans worked out great.

Can totally see making these on our next stay on pool day

2 Likes

going to try this tonight

1 Like

I made a quick queso in the blender it was delicious

2 Likes

There are these single-serve cups of oatmeal, similar what you will see for noodle soups. I recently had those at a conference that were tasty. All you do is pour in hot water, stir and wait a couple of minutes.

tried it
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/what-s-for-dinner-a-place-to-argue-about-er-discuss-off-topic-food/77544/847?u=ppehap

3 Likes

We arenā€™t really breakfast people so we usually just eat something quick in the room before heading out. Often boring stuff you can find at the resort stores: bagels, cream cheese, ham, cereal, milk, juice, oatmeal cups, fruitā€¦ + utencils and some paper plates

4 Likes