In room cooking ideas for light meals

Or other activities….

5 Likes

:smirk:

4 Likes

I was staying at SSR and you can’t see the door from the bed (one thing I dislike about that room layout). Also the studio door and 1 bedroom door are right beside each other. I thought I heard a knocking sound, but it also sounded like my neighbor who had a LOT of visits to their room so I didn’t attempt to answer bc I was out of it. When I got up i saw it extended and knew they’d been there.

2 Likes

Yeah…lesson learned. I will be sure to use that thingy next time.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why it’s hassle?

If I’m making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich I need three Ingrediants a nice and plate.

A bacon(pre cooked stuff) and cheese bagel is also three ingredients and no knife needed(pre cut bagels)
Pop it in grill for 2 mins and a lovely hot breakfast. Could even make 6 up at once and then bag them for later cooking/heating.

Stick a eggo waffle or pop tart in and you have a hot breakfast.

I’m not really talking 7 ingredient main meals :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noodles is a good idea!

3 Likes

OMG precooked bacon is a game changer… just heat it up in the Mic

Well, partly the idea of having to obtain and clean an appliance, and partly because anything that involves cooking in whatever fashion takes time. Not that eating at an eatery doesn’t…but that at least feels vacationy!

Whipping up a PB&J or opening a yogurt is easy enough, though. No muss no fuss.

Now, again, if it were more than two people (with kids, etc) I would definitely see the cost savings playing a larger role. (I have 5 kids!).

1 Like

Since they are staying 3 weeks, I can see getting tired of always eating out. Even 2 weeks at Aulani we cooked every day in the 1 bv there. I don’t know how much “cooking” I would do w/o a full kitchen though?

2 Likes

Well…for me, it would just depend on WHO entered. I mean, it could be one of those “The more, the merrier” type situations.

2 Likes

Did you make sure of the voltage on your GF grill is ok for the US? We took a small travel kettle and it took 30 minutes to boil water. I’m going to Walmart for a US one as soon as we get there this time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had ordered these scavenger hunt boxes, for each resort I was staying at and the 50th statues from Ear for Each Other group - for my solo days last trip

It was adorable- but boy was I disappointed in the statues after finishing MK - it’s like they just threw them in the middle of the other parks with no effort…

Ugh microwaves are disappearing from Hampton Inn rooms- last few we stayed at it was an upgraded room charge…

1 Like

So probably just because I finished watching This is Us recently, but I side eye all crock pots now because of it.

Frayed cords, distracted parents, time crunched families and not a lot of space makes me anxious just thinking about it.

Even something as dumb as someone forgetting to unplug a hair straightener.

Just because we (cough you all) are all super A type personalities doesn’t mean the next family will triple-check that things are unplugged before leaving the rooms.

But, as an alternative, what about tinfoil breakfast skillets on the communal grill?

2 Likes

I’ve only seen those at deluxe resorts. Which I find odd thinking about it now.

1 Like

Thats who I got the POFQ scavenger hunt from its really nice.
have you seen a park based one?

I think thats what i find frustrating I dont think you cant take a small appliance because of any safety issue!

Microwaves are ok and can be provided… hair straighteners… Hair dryers, extension blocks with multiple devices connected etc are all as much if not more of a risk than a foreman grill that has safety features.
They just dont want i think the potential extra clean up and risk of smells(which i get)

1 Like

No good point!

I thought those were DVC.

1 Like