In room cooking ideas for light meals

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had ordered these scavenger hunt boxes, for each resort I was staying at and the 50th statues from Ear for Each Other group - for my solo days last trip

It was adorable- but boy was I disappointed in the statues after finishing MK - it’s like they just threw them in the middle of the other parks with no effort…

Ugh microwaves are disappearing from Hampton Inn rooms- last few we stayed at it was an upgraded room charge…

1 Like

So probably just because I finished watching This is Us recently, but I side eye all crock pots now because of it.

Frayed cords, distracted parents, time crunched families and not a lot of space makes me anxious just thinking about it.

Even something as dumb as someone forgetting to unplug a hair straightener.

Just because we (cough you all) are all super A type personalities doesn’t mean the next family will triple-check that things are unplugged before leaving the rooms.

But, as an alternative, what about tinfoil breakfast skillets on the communal grill?

2 Likes

I’ve only seen those at deluxe resorts. Which I find odd thinking about it now.

1 Like

Thats who I got the POFQ scavenger hunt from its really nice.
have you seen a park based one?

I think thats what i find frustrating I dont think you cant take a small appliance because of any safety issue!

Microwaves are ok and can be provided… hair straighteners… Hair dryers, extension blocks with multiple devices connected etc are all as much if not more of a risk than a foreman grill that has safety features.
They just dont want i think the potential extra clean up and risk of smells(which i get)

1 Like

No good point!

I thought those were DVC.

1 Like

Definitely have them at OKW.

See this thread on that topic….

1 Like

Yes they are really nice. Meg was super responsive and dropped everything off in a beautiful package at Saratoga Springs for me. I opted for the 50th statues…

~ in response to your original question
I fix a lot of meals for my family and or myself while we are staying on property, but we are a DVC family so we generally in a Villa. That said the most versatile gadget we have for cooking while traveling is are pressure cooker- I use the pampered chef version -Deluxe Quick Cooker- so I can only offer what I can do with that…besides the pressure cooker & slow cooker features it has a sauté feature that I use as a hot plate for scrambled eggs ect…lol it’s traveled a lot.

If you wing up in a room with a microwave let me know I have quite a few recipes for quick was meals…

Hmm maybe we could get a favorite traveling meals thread going…

So jealous of y’all who actually got responses from them.

oh maybe… I only have ever noticed them at Deluxe resorts and they all have DVC wings

1 Like

Had my mind blown the other day - never had much success with foil packs on grill but using pie pans worked out great.

Can totally see making these on our next stay on pool day

2 Likes

going to try this tonight

1 Like

I made a quick queso in the blender it was delicious

2 Likes

There are these single-serve cups of oatmeal, similar what you will see for noodle soups. I recently had those at a conference that were tasty. All you do is pour in hot water, stir and wait a couple of minutes.

tried it
https://forum.touringplans.com/t/what-s-for-dinner-a-place-to-argue-about-er-discuss-off-topic-food/77544/847?u=ppehap

3 Likes

We aren’t really breakfast people so we usually just eat something quick in the room before heading out. Often boring stuff you can find at the resort stores: bagels, cream cheese, ham, cereal, milk, juice, oatmeal cups, fruit… + utencils and some paper plates

4 Likes