Important straw news update

Haha! It’s especially funny since my hair is currently up with a hair stick (just one, not 2).
They need to make collapsible straws for casses like this.

1 Like

I hate washing up. I’m definitely going for the two paper straws option. I mean they’ll have to chop down twice as many trees, but the bugs that live in trees aren’t as cute as the sad looking seals that eat plastic straws. Plus I feel like there are lots of trees.

2 Likes

I’d like to save the trees we have, but 2 paper straws seems the easiest option. No buying, then packing, then remembering to bring everyday, then cleaning of something extra for your stay.

2 Likes

Okay. I mean, I know this thread has digressed to one of a quite serious nature with no hint of humor involved, so I must continue in that vein:

• Metal straws are great reusable options when home or if you need to drink something thick like a shake or smoothy
  • Silicon straws are great reusable options when out (safer) as LONG as you don’t need to drink something thick like a shake or a smoothy
  • Paper straws are a better alternative to silicon while still maintaining safety when you are out and need to consume something like a shake or a smoothy, but are NOT an ideal option for drinks that take any length of time to consume. NOt to mention, I cannot STAND the feel of paper on my tongue. Nor fabric. But fortunately, I’ve not yet seen fabric straws, so that hasn’t been an issue.)

Okay. Back to your normal, seriously minded thread.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you

6 Likes

Can you bring in your own plastic single-use straw?

Not to AK. The rules expressly forbid that.

They are technically not allowed at Animal Kingdom at all.

I’m not sure if that’s true at the other parks with this change.

That makes sense, but then, the rules have always been different for AK and I can understand why. But if I walk in to MK with a couple of plastic straws that I’m intending to throw out after use at lunch, will they stop me?

Well, to put it techincally… shrug

2 Likes

I don’t care about anything other than Frapuccinos. None of your options cover this.

1 Like

Damn. I have to go earn money to pay for my vacation now. Ugh.

1 Like

I don’t think Fraps are too thick for silicone.

1 Like

But can he style his hair with the silicone ones? I think not!

2 Likes

apparently it used to be a word:

1 Like

Of course not!

There’s plenty of room in the pockets of your SparkleSkirts. :smiley:

2 Likes

How do you properly clean metal straws? It grosses me out thinking of the left over milk shake ingredients sticking to the inner part of the metal straw that would be difficult to clean.

1 Like

There are special brushes designed for these things.

1 Like

That’s what I figured, but I still would slurp a milk shake through them! LOL

Ewwww!