I'm back and hopefully I'll be going back to the World this year

We will be there Dec 3-10. Its enough after Thanksgiving to avoid those crowds. My thinking is it will be less crowded than the next week too. Which is actually DS last week before Christmas break so I don’t want to take him out of school that week.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the same thing

2 Likes

I will be there Dec. 4 through Dec. 12 with my wife. So, maybe I’ll get a chance to wave and say hi, depending.

2 Likes

Hi!

I just had the family at Silver Dollar City a few weeks ago. I think you posted about that a while back (probably 3 or 4 years ago now :rofl:). Definitely a fun place to go, but the hills are brutal when it’s hot and you’ve been walking all day!

1 Like

We’re planning a return trip in probably 2024.

Indeed they are!

Did you get to do Marvel Cave while you were there?

1 Like

Missed it. I think it may have been closed, at least it was at the time we walked by.

Time traveller was one of the more unique coasters I’ve ever been on.

I’m in the same boat – we had a great trip planned for March, 2020. :upside_down_face:

We’ll be driving down the day after Christmas and heading home on New Years Day. I know it’s going to be insane, but at least the weather should be cooler and we won’t have to take DS8 & DS9 out of school or burn up too much vacation time. I figure stalking this forum should give me enough of a leg up on the majority of people out there.

I keep feeling the need to plan things out again, but who knows what things will look like in 6 months, so I’ve just been reading as much as I can and trying to figure out the tricks with Genie+, hoping that they’ll still be somewhat valid in December.

4 Likes

Since your trip is in Dec, you’ll be happy to see some details have been released for this year.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting that. Looks like we can buy our MVMCP tickets on June 30! Woohoo!

2 Likes

wow. I’m shocked that they didn’t stick with the After Hours given it was pretty well received from everyone. (the halloween one got mixed reviews, but the Christmas one I think was universally liked )

4 Likes

What do you mean they didn’t stick with the After Hours? I’m sure it’s obvious, but I’m tired and can’t figure it out :rofl:

1 Like

Last year they did the Mickey’s Very Merry After Hours thing. Where was basically the xmas party just at the tune of $200 a head and after park close (and only 4 hours)

1 Like

Yeah, I was kind of hoping it would stick to After Hours this year, but we will be fine with MVMCP instead. Hopefully it means it is slightly cheaper. But the prices look close to the same as last year.

2 Likes

Yeah that price is insane, so the upshot is the crowds should be fairly low. And now there should be free --er-- included – hot chocolate and eggnog throughout the night (which was the only thing missing from the After Hours one that i can recall. Had to make up for it in mickey ice creams)

i think we should hijack this thread and plan out @Heidelj’s trip. I’m told he has an unlimited budget, so let your creativity run wild!

8 Likes

Who knew I’d be saying this, but I might give MVMCP a miss. It’s really expensive (especially with four of us) and for what? All I care about is the parade (which basically just means the toy soldiers because they remind me of cybermen) and the special fireworks. Oh, and the icicles on the castle which they are not doing because of the stupid 50th anniversary nonsense they vomited all over the castle.

3 Likes

Well given that, he should ABSOLUTELY have at least one meal at V&A, Chef’s Table of course

5 Likes

of course. But that’s kinda… pedestrian at this point, is it not? Like “baby’s first fancy feast”?

5 Likes

And…unlimited vacation days? Because I would like to see him do a resort “stroll” where he stays at each resort at least one night.

1 Like

I like the Party but $200 is a hard pill to swallow especially if you have done it before. There’s not a whole lotta ‘new’ happening at the party and AK and Epcot is starting to become where the real amazing stuff happens that isn’t part of the party (those puppets are straight up amazing. There’s times I need to remind myself they’re puppets when I watch them)

I think he’s only got a week? I only saw the bank account -er-…was told the budget was rather…robust.

2 Likes

That was one aspect that really disappointed me in the announcement. It seems so lazy. Jack up the price and offer nothing new.

3 Likes