If lines weren't a consideration, what would you choose as the first ride of your trip?

Space or Splash Mountain

1 Like

Difficult question. Kind of a toss-up for me. Jungle Cruise: that sort of old-school Disney experience with the animatronic animals and the insane patter from the captains; BTMRR is a very close second.

1 Like

Really? You wouldn’t go without kids? You might want to try an adult only trip with girlfriends. So much fun! I am to the point where I go with friends as much if not more than with my kids. It is a totally different experience, and so worth it. They are inexpensive (feeding 1 person, paying for only 1 After Hours or party ticket) and such a great vacation from normal day to day stresses like kids, work and who am I kidding, husbands!

1 Like

I have done two moms-only-trips. Both were Princess cruises. That’s my happy place. :heart:

2 Likes

Space Mountain is the ride I always associate with morning at Disney, maybe because we would always go there first as a kid (to avoid the lines later in the day), but also because it’s probably the most exciting thrill ride in MK / DL. Something about stepping out of the brisk morning air into the caverns of the queue and seeing the vehicles arriving at a relatively empty platform, trying not to lose your breakfast as you hurl (pun intended) through the dark.

Splash Mountain is my favorite ride, but I rarely do it before 10am cause it’s too cold to get wet that early (at least in Anaheim).

RR is a good option as well - a nice way to transport to your first “real” attraction.

Expedition Everest would be my choice at AK.

1 Like

Dumbo.

It was our family’s first ever ride together and it was a tradition to ride it first every time for a while.

2 Likes

I finally found my long-lost Disney brother!

haunted mansion, after a lovely stroll down main street and through the castle on the way there!

2 Likes

PoC it’s just completely 100% Disney for me.

MK - Buzz Lightyear
Epcot - Soarin’
AK - FOP
HS - TOT (but haven’t been to TSL yet)

1 Like

MK: Pirates
EP: Spaceship Earth
HS: Tower of Terror
AK: Kilimanjaro Safaris

Sorry to go off topic but I couldn’t resist when you mentioned Princess Cruises. I am leaving next week for an Alaskan cruise on the Golden Princess. I have been trying to find out if they have anything like the rainforest room on the Disney Cruise Line. (See, I brought it back to Disney.) Do you remember anything like that from your cruises? Thanks!

1 Like

I have not been on Golden Princess.
Have you visited the cruise critic message boards? They are generally a nice crowd.

1 Like

always splash mountain

2 Likes

I will try the cruise critics board (Thanks for the suggestion). Did any of your cruises have an area like the rainforest room?

Truthfully, I do not know. I did not seek one out.
I did use the gyms.
I did Crown Princess and Caribbean Princess.

1 Like

I prefer La Lido Loca on Facebook. I like CC, lots of nice people, but also a full allotment of salty internet warriors.

Oh for sure!
I find the culture of each cruise line slightly different and you have to walk into each new board with a fresh perspective.
The Princess people are the nicest, IMO. Even nicer than the DCL pages.
I haven’t done much research on the Carnival board yet, but they have been nicer than I’d anticipated. The NCL crowd was bitter and angry the year I was researching them. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’ve been hanging around the Holland America people I guess.

1 Like

Duly noted.