If lines weren't a consideration, what would you choose as the first ride of your trip?

What’s the perfect first ride?

The Tram.

:smiley:

Then the Monorail.

Then Space Mountain or maybe the People Mover.

1 Like

splash mountain

1 Like

Rope droppers don’t need no stinking tram. We are usually one of the first cars in the parking lots.

Do Bubble People ever ride trams?

3 Likes

But lines aren’t a consideration, which eliminates the need for rope-dropping.

No, they can’t fit.

The original question is a tough one though. Splash is a good contender… I think people mover too.

If you can time it right, Carpets or Tea Cups could be amazing cause the characters climb on as well. Riding with characters I imagine is nothing short of a perfect starting ride.

5 Likes

We’ll be Bubble People with a car and park hoppers, so will probably ride a tram at some point.

BTMRR for me, based on my Disneyland faves nearly two decades ago.

2 Likes

I think the highlight of our last Disney trip for my wife was when we happened to ride the Carousel WITH Mary Poppins and Bert. She was like a kid in the candy store!

6 Likes

Nah, I’m a neurotic, constantly-cost-assessing, commando tourer. I’m still going to be there as soon as it opens.
If I paid for the day and I’m not in the park every minute it is open Disney wins. (<---- I really feel this way.)

3 Likes

That sounds like my dream riding-with-characters ride. I’m 100% delighted your wife got to experience it and will now have to forget it ever happened so that I’m not disappointed it doesn’t happen to me.

2 Likes

If lines were no issue all day, I’d start with KS. The animals are more active in the morning (I’ve heard.)
EE and TT are just as awesome all day. I’d sure like to try FOP, but haven’t been able yet. Next time I’ll go with a TP.

2 Likes

Absolutely!
Not the exact same, because it didn’t include a ride, but my kids got to play games with Alice and Hatter and Queen of Hearts in DLR. Those are the things memories are made of.

2 Likes

There is another thread about underwear preferences. Please stay on topic! :wink:

2 Likes

I decided I don’t feel that way. Our tickets now have so many days on them that the incremental cost per extra day is less than $15 per person, and I’m ok with a part day for $15. I’m choosing to ignore that the initial days are not $15 per person. Apparently self-deception is the key to maximizing happiness on this trip.

8 Likes

I’ve been sitting here trying to think of an answer, because I actually don’t think I care a bit the order I ride things. The closest I came to an answer was KS, for the exact reason you mention. We’ve been on some of the first vehicles out of KS in the morning and saw our best animal encounters outside of our trip to Kenya.

2 Likes

Spaceship Earth - it always gives me the ‘ah, I’m here’ feeling.

1 Like

If there were no lines? I would go on what ever is closest to the front gate.

2 Likes

For me, it is just that Tomorrowland (and at Epcot, seeing Spaceship Earth) kind of “defines” Disney to me. It is a nostalgia thing. I want to get it out of the way first so that I’m not halfway through the day in line for HM going, “Let’s hurry this up so that we can get to Tomorrowland!” :slight_smile:

That and lowered expectations and I’d say you are all set!

We have a big family and I buy everything based on unit price. I can’t see the last few days as costing less than the first few days… I just see each day as it’s percentage of the whole. Your way sounds like it brings you more peace…

1 Like

My friends insisted I do it first on my first Disney trip. Last time they’d gone they had a baby rhino and its mother was right up to check them out. They said even the guide git excited and went off script.

2 Likes