If lines weren't a consideration, what would you choose as the first ride of your trip?

Yeah - that’s part of why I can’t really answer - nothing defines Disney to me.
Touring has become so strategy-laden it’s hard to parse out what I care the most about.

I guess it would be characters. That’s my favorite part. (But only with my kids. If I didn’t have kids, I wouldn’t be at WDW…)

1 Like

The Carousel is a good contender too. Quick, in the heart of Fantasy Land and unless there’s a show happening or about to happen, taking a stroll through the castle is the best way to get there. AND it plays classic Disney themes

2 Likes

Our vehicle had to stop and wait for zebras to get out of the way last time. Standing still like that reminded me of our real safaris in Kenya in 1999. Oddly enough, it wasn’t the least bit “Disney.” It was truly fantastic.

3 Likes

I forgot that was a term.

It does bring me more peace. Also, we were already in for 5 days, and with the extra 2 or 3 I don’t think I added anything new to the touring plans except SW:GE. So basically it was deciding if being able to see SW:GE plus having more relaxed days was worth $200 to us, and it was. But I totally understand the unit price approach. That’s why we’re not doing any dessert parties or paid after/before hour events – the unit price times four doesn’t work for me.

I guess my truly honest answer to the question is the Millennium Falcon ride, but it won’t be open to the public until our last day.

1 Like

Honestly - we were rewarded with a lot of great character experiences hanging around Fantasyland in the mornings. If lines weren’t going to be an issue all day long, I’d hang out hoping for those in the AM.

3 Likes

Carousel at the back of the castle! Gives you this ‘magic in the air’ feeling…

2 Likes

If Alice gets in my teacup she’s gonna regret it because I spin that sucker at warp speed!

3 Likes

I have ridden the carousel with the step sisters. It was hilarious. They went right for Cinderella 's horse

1 Like

Paradoxically, every minute you’re in the parks, Disney also wins.

1 Like

I have been on the first before.and its ok. But I find after the first half hour more of the animals a re out and that is the sweet spot.

2 Likes

I’m surprised nobody has said the railroad. Maybe its because it’s not running right now, but walking in an hopping on the train at main street feels pretty Disney to me.

4 Likes

You’re assuming I’m spending real money!

(Ok. So technically if I’m giving them my rewards points and not using credit cards rewards in other ways at other retailers they ARE getting something. But it feels like free money.”)

Splash Mountain. Happy. Funny. Fun. You cannot help byt sing and smile.

4 Likes

And who doesn’t like wet feet first thing in the morning?

Peter Pan
Dumbo
IASW

It’s a nostalgia thing. Last time we did IASW on the way to BOG on Christmas Eve. But the first FP I go for at MK is always Peter Pan. and Dumbo is a must too.

When we first took our boys, the youngest was 5. He loved Dumbo, back in the day when it was outside in the middle of Fantasyland. We rode it about 4 times in a row, queueing each time. He never once complained about the wait. He just loved it.

Funnily enough neither of them remember riding Peter Pan until our last trip! Obviously just my nostalgia. :rofl::rofl:

IASW is just iconic Disney. Nowhere near my list of favourites (HM, JC to mention a couple), but I have to ride it.

4 Likes

To answer my own question, I prefer to start a trip by getting on a pirate ship and flying to Neverland. It sets the mood. However, I did not know that riding the carousel with Mary Poppins and Bert was an option. That would do nicely as well, if it could be arranged.

3 Likes

Yeah I know. But it will start off with a zip it do dah day

Another good contender. Especially as it circles the park. And now that you mentioned it, I am reminded it still is one of the few memories that I still retain regarding my only trip as a kid (it’s a stupid simple memory, we were traveling through greenery as a prelude to a breakfast with Winnie the Pooh(I do not know how they fit together given today’s layouts but I remember taking the train to breakfast.))

2 Likes

That’s an interesting question. I would want something that puts me in the spirit, the right Disney frame of mind. I don’t think I have one answer, it would be one of:

It’s a Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan
Maaaaaybe Splash Mountain

2 Likes