I’m giving up sugar

Oh, we can be a perfect brownie team! Give me the middle gooey ones. :laughing:

You know they make special pans “for people like you”, though?

7 Likes

:joy: I don’t want a brick! You gotta have that less than well done corner to counter balance the corner corner :joy: you can have allll the middle pieces though.

4 Likes

If you bake them right, the corners are still good, just slightly crunchy on the very edge. But I use a glass pan, so maybe that’s the difference. My wife likes them under done (think eating them with a spoon) so she’s out of luck, but my daughter and I have decided we are in charge of brownies so they aren’t just batter.

3 Likes

I like a bit of corner but it has to be perfectly done - the inside can’t be too gooey and the edge can’t be too crisp. Silicon molds work great to maximize corners cause they cook more evenly throughout.

2 Likes

Still warm? With ice cream? And maybe some caramel drizzle? :heart_eyes:

(What was the purpose of this thread again? :thinking:)

7 Likes

Middle brownies only for me. Warm and gooey with ice cream and homemade hot fudge!

4 Likes

Can we have both? :smiley:

3 Likes

Certainly :yum:

1 Like

You need this then… Baker’s Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MMK448/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HXZG6VYZ9SJ7194HT78D

2 Likes

Who knows, it’s probably just some more nonsense

4 Likes

Good job, folks, on NOT mentioning sweet things…

4 Likes

Save a corner for me!!!

1 Like

I know, right? I will have to bake brownies today…

1 Like

So, yesterday, I determined that I needed to straighten up and start logging my food in MyFitnessPal again. It has been the ONLY way I’ve been able to successfully lose weight each time. I did well all day long sticking within my calorie goal.

And then…my DIL stops over and brings cookies last night.

5 Likes

Cookies ruin anyone’s diet, ugh!

Oh, and I’m also a big fan of MyFitnessPal. It’s the only app that works for me. I wish I had enough motivation to use it more consistently

1 Like

I refer to that app as MyFitnessFrenemy. It works, it’s great, but I hate the “should you really be eating that?” prompts.

3 Likes

Back when I used it, I was connected to a couple of friends and we referred to ourselves as MyFatnessPals :laughing:

4 Likes

Must be a configured thing. I’ve never seen such a prompt. I really don’t get prompts about anything, so I must have turned them off years ago.

Well technically the prompts may have been reminders to limit one food category or another but whenever those came up I took it as nagging. :joy:

2 Likes

Regardless, I don’t get any such prompts. So you should poke around in the settings. It is probably something you can turn off.

1 Like