"I got myself a notion, one I know that you'll understand"...to do a live trip report!

20 to first preshow. Still more than acceptable for Rise!

5 Likes

Ok that’s not bad!

2 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Ended up at 30 min actual, which is obviously still great. Has anyone else who’s been lucky enough to ride Rise a lot noticed that in the room with the big moving cannons that they never move anymore? Seems like that was an area with issues.

4 Likes

11 Likes

![

11 Likes

Announcement at 8:56 that the WWoA show has been delayed, but with no info on how long.

2 Likes

Another delayed announcement at 9:07. I’m gonna go ahead and call it and make my way out of the park.

3 Likes

Randall pointed this out to me the first time I rode it (in May 2021). At first they dropped the second two cannons and only the first one moved. Then even the first cannon stayed stationary. Unfortunate, but I guess if it was causing perpetual delays, it’s not the worst thing that could be dropped.

2 Likes

I’ve always had at least one working and just assumed it depended on what car you were in that made that one move. I even rode it close to when it opened and don’t remember them all working.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen them all working, but Randall seemed pretty confident that they did at first. I’ll have to look up one of the POV videos from the opening. At DL this past week, none of them were working. I don’t remember if none of them were working last time I was at WDW but I assume from @TarHeelTiff’s post that they were not this time.

3 Likes

I’ve only been on it once, but the friend I rode with told me they weren’t working on our ride. Along with a couple other things.

2 Likes

Last week it was delayed for us too by about 15 minutes.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the first cannon was working last time I rode at DL. And I’m pretty sure that my first ever ride (HS August 2020) all were working. Or at least two.

3 Likes

Here is one from December 12, 2019, timestamped to 2:43 where the cannon part is:

As you can see, all THREE canons move.

4 Likes

I looked at my IG posts, we rode it on December 9th. I was probably looking out the window or just so blown away that first ride to notice it :wink:

We also got up at 4am to ride. When it first opened you got your BG right after you tapped in so you needed to be at the gates early! I like getting BG at 7am from my house much better :grin:

6 Likes

I haven’t seen any of them moving in a long time. But when it first opened they definitely all moved.

3 Likes

What’s kind of funny now is that part of the ride movement is you moving forward and back to avoid the cannons. Now that they don’t move it’s like you’re just moving around the room to get a better view of the battle out the window.

3 Likes

Same. I remember those earlyyyyy mornings to get on it!

My friend and I were recently talking about the EEMH where we arrived at HS around 5am when GE first opened and we’re done with the whole park before 8 or 9.

4 Likes