Hurricane Season 2022 & other weather warnings 🐛

The last several years we’ve gone down 55 and crossed the river into Tennessee near Caruthersville. Then to Tupelo, across 22 to Birmingham, then 182 down into Georgia and over to Tifton. We pick up 75 at Tifton.

1 Like

We’ve done similar. Since we’re central MO we take 63 to 55 thru that little right angle curve in SW Memphis then to 22 to Birmingham where we’d get 280. We used to overnight in Opelika then in the morning head to Tifton and south to WDW.

Last few trips we’ve switched it up and gone to Montgomery on 65 from Birmingham and then interminable 231 thru Dothan joining up with I-10 just west of Mariana FL. We overnighted in Ozark AL which made for a committed 12 hour trip the first day and a fairly easy 8 hour trip the second.

There’s no really good route thru southeast Alabama. I really like 22.

1 Like

Yes, 280…where’d 182 come from? It’s 82 into Tifton…:rofl: We used to always go through Nashville, Chattanooga, and then Atlanta, but Atlanta…that’s a “nope” for me in recent years! :blush:

We did do the St Louis Nashville Atlanta thing for a lot of years since most of DH’s people were in central Florida. Didn’t take many Atlanta traffic snarls before we were looking for better routes.

I guess if you’re traveling the grandbaby must be doing fine. :blush:

Good luck with the weather!

Yes, he is doing amazingly well! 16 pounds and gaining!

2 Likes

Wow! So glad to hear! :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

|800x0

(NOAA/National Hurricane Center)

The National Hurricane Center forecast an increased chance that a tropical depression or storm could form in the Atlantic and potentially threaten Florida in the next five days.

As of the NHC’s 8 a.m. tropical outlook, forecasters predict a large non-tropical low pressure system will develop on Sunday over the northeastern Caribbean Sea and southwestern Atlantic near Puerto Rico.

“The system is initially expected to be very broad and disorganized,” forecasters said. “However, it could begin to acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics during the early part of next week, and a subtropical or tropical depression could form during the early to middle portion of next week while the system moves generally westward to west-northwestward over the southwestern Atlantic.”

Chances for formation were increased to 60% on Saturday for it to form in the next five days.

8 AM EDT Saturday November 5: Here are Key Messages for the disturbance over the southwestern Atlantic. Regardless of development, there is increasing risk for impacts along the SE U.S. coast and the east coast of Florida. Follow the latest at http://hurricanes.gov pic.twitter.com/jzGzLSYWxM

— National Hurricane Center (@NHC_Atlantic) November 5, 2022

Forecasters said there is an “increasing risk” of coastal flooding, gale-force winds and heavy rainfall along much of the southeastern U.S. coast.

If it grows in strength, it could become Tropical Storm Nicole.

3 Likes

So, does that mean it will develop over the next five days, or will it reach Florida in the next five days? Possibly…:wink:

2 Likes

Tomorrow/Sunday they are predicting they ‘might’ be able to name it… then by Wednesday it will impact the eastern shoreline. Unless it organizes (hurricane) it will just be a lot of wind & rain (tropical storm). There’s been a riptide alert for my coastline for days now.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Chances of a party crash by Nicole increasing… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I hope it doesn’t heat up b/c M-W they are replacing our AC and we’ll be running on ceiling fans alone

3 Likes

Small craft to be docked after Monday

1 Like

3 Likes

|800x0

(NOAA/National Hurricane Center)

The National Hurricane Center forecast an increased chance that a tropical depression or storm could form in the Atlantic and potentially threaten Florida this week.

As of the NHC’s 8 a.m. tropical outlook, forecasters said that a large system developing north of Puerto Rico has a high chance of become a subtropical or tropical depression while it turns westward or west-southwestward over the southwestern Atlantic during the middle part of this week.

Chances for formation were increased to 70% on Sunday for it to form in the next 48 hours and 90% chance of development in the next five days.

The east coast of Florida should and the Bahamas should monitor the progress of the storm, the NHC said. Regardless of development, there is an increasing risk of coastal flooding, gale-force winds, heavy rainfall, rough surf, and beach erosion.

“The system is initially expected to be very broad and disorganized,” forecasters said. “However, it could begin to acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics during the early part of next week, and a subtropical or tropical depression could form during the early to middle portion of next week while the system moves generally westward to west-northwestward over the southwestern Atlantic.”

8am EST Sunday Nov 6 – Key Messages for the disturbance over the SW Atlantic, which now has a high chance of formation early this week. Interests along the SE US coast, E Florida, and Bahamas should closely monitor the progress of this system.

Latest: http://hurricanes.gov pic.twitter.com/laEX4RTW6j

— National Hurricane Center (@NHC_Atlantic) November 6, 2022

Forecasters said there is an “increasing risk” of coastal flooding, gale-force winds and heavy rainfall along Florida’s east coast.

The system is forecast to bring heavy rains to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands this weekend.

If it grows in strength, it could become Tropical Storm Nicole.

The NHC is also monitoring a weak nontropical area of low pressure located several hundred miles east of Bermuda with a 70% chance to form in the next couple of days into a named system in the Atlantic.

The system is forecast to turn northeastward and merge with a strong cold front by the middle part of this week.

The week has seen the formation of the season’s sixth and seventh hurricanes with Hurricane Lisa striking Belize on Thursday morning and Hurricane Martin, which became extratropical in the north Atlantic by Thursday afternoon.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I wish someone was showing us the spaghetti models on this one (could be Nicole or Owen depending on what that other patch does and when). The potential path sounds absolutely goofball. :confused:

You ready for this disorganized mess to start hitting you @4ljs ? Hopefully nothing significant?

2 Likes

We’re arriving tomorrow and staying at Fort Wilderness. Did anyone happen to note when the campground closure was decided vs the park closure? Were those announcements made together? Just trying to figure out what our first roadblock would be so we can get contingencies in place.

I saw that current campground guests were relocated to hotels and their RVs were parked at TTC.

2 Likes

The closure of Ft Wilderness was one of the first things announced. I think it was like four days before the hurricane hit.

2 Likes