Hurricane Season 2022 & other weather warnings 🐛

She started it @bay_loftis

:smirk::sunglasses::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

And this is what happens when teenage boys live in the house :house_with_garden::rofl:

1 Like

Oddly, it all seems strangely appropriate for this thread…or the 2020s in general…guess we’ve been building up to this… :crazy_face:

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:innocent:

Well. I mean. The World Meteorological Organization really started it when they called the latest tropical storm “Karl.”

:grinning:

6 Likes

:notes:Burninating the countryside. Burninating all the peoples.:notes:
…I also can’t help reading it as Hurricane Kaaarrrlllllllll…

2 Likes

The tropical outlook as of 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, 2022.|800x0

The tropical outlook as of 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, 2022. (National Hurricane Center)

After the tropics died down for a week, the National Hurricane Center began tracking an area in the Atlantic that has low chances to form into the next tropical depression next week.

As of 2 p.m., the non-tropical area of low pressure located more than 1,400 miles east of Bermuda only had limited shower activity but did have winds close to 40 mph, according to satellite wind data.

For now, forecasters said environmental conditions will mean only a limited chance to form, but as it moves west at 20-25 mph into the subtropical Atlantic into warmer waters, it could develop tropical characteristics by early next week.

2pm EDT Oct 21 – A non-tropical low pressure area located more than 1400 miles E of Bermuda has a low chance (20%:yellow_circle:5-day) of acquiring subtropical or tropical characteristics as it moves quickly westward across the Subtropical Atlantic.

Latest: http://hurricanes.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5 pic.twitter.com/JOn5hw29G5

— National Hurricane Center (@NHC_Atlantic) October 21, 2022

Gale warnings for the high-wind system have been issued by the National Weather Service already though.

The NHC gives the system a 10% chance to form in the next two days and 20% chance in the next five days.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, we have a hurricane forming in the Pacific that Texas liners will want to keep a half eye on for rainfall potential.

2 Likes

Doesn’t even have the decency to drop some rain out west where we actually need it. :angry::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Still a couple things in the Atlantic for East Coasters to keep a half-eye on…

Meanwhile, in Texas…

7 Likes

Some of the images in Mexico ard heartbreaking. :frowning:

3 Likes

We actually ended up with some pretty strong gusts last night, when I guess the remnants of Rosalyn merged into the cold front sweeping across the US. Saw one tree split this morning where a huge branch broke off. Our trash can lid has gone totally missing, apparently.

2 Likes

I let my subscription to Orlando Sentinel lapse b/c they want more $$$ than the NYTs, WaPo and The Atlantic combined :exploding_head:. So, now I can’t access their storm updates anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

Y’all didn’t think we were done, did you?!? :sweat_smile:

Currently 2 hurricanes in the Atlantic that are no threat to the US. More Disney and east coast relevant, there’s a low probability disturbance I’m keeping a half eye on.

3 Likes

Local weather report tonight said it might bring us some rain but nothing more… right now :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry, Lisa, but I hope you remain depressed. Or just go away entirely.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Renewed my OS subscription b/c they offered me a GREAT deal to return but here’s this for now, from my favorite FL twitter weather guy

3 Likes

Any idea when next week could this possibly impact Florida?

2 Likes

All next week, with peak effects Wednesday through Friday, as of now. Appears to be slowly moving because of weak steering currents.

https://nbc-2.com/news/tropics/2022/11/04/tracking-the-tropics-no-threat-to-the-u-s/amp/

2 Likes

We are scheduled to arrive in Orlando on Sunday the 13th, so I hope it’s out of there by then! We will be driving down through Alabama/Georgia on Saturday, though…

1 Like

What roads do you use to drive to FL?

1 Like