Hurricane Season 2022 & other weather warnings šŸ›

You are making a very good observation. The article was confusingā€¦ Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be updated soon :laughing:

3 Likes

Morning sun makes me think not fungal but my experience is almost entirely Missouri.

Hoping you get info from the nursery. Iā€™m interested.

1 Like

In the original map, the second X is orange. Not sure if this is an issue with the display or what.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

4 Likes

Oh that makes more sense

Thank you for that

2 Likes

Iā€™m on weather watch now, just to be informed while weā€™re on vacation. Weā€™ll be there Sunday-Sunday, so this potential later week development is what Iā€™m keeping my eye on. I know a week out is too early to really know much but I like to see how it changes daily.

3 Likes

FWIW, hereā€™s a link to our local teamā€™s Tropical Update page. They generally do a good job giving the overall picture, not just the Texas impacts, and with a bit more analysis and range than the NWS.

@vcka Is there a similar page by a solid weather team in Florida? Iā€™ve seen random articles but not a static page they keep updated on an ongoing basis?

1 Like

I share any updates as soon as I see them and there have been no weather-related updates today. The Orlando Sentinel has been focused on politics (primary results).

1 Like

Had to go looking for thisā€¦

|800x0

Tropics update 8/25/22 8 a.m. (The National Hurricane Center)

The Atlantic continues to brew two tropical waves with potential to become the next tropical storms of the year, according to the National Hurricane Center.

The first wave is moving across Windward Islands, as of the NHCā€™s 8 a.m. update, but is still disorganized with showers and thunderstorm activity. Atlantic conditions could become ripe for slow development in several days as it moves into the central Caribbean Sea later this weekend and into early next week, the NHC said.

Meteorologists gave that system a 20% chance of forming into either a tropical depression or storm in the next five days.

The second tropical wave is off the west coast of Africa and could develop slowly while moving west at 10 to 15 mph.

It also has a 10% chance to become a tropical system in the next two days and a 20% chance in the next five.

If either were to develop into a tropical storm the first to do so would be named Danielle and the second would be Earl.

2 Likes

Local analysis:

3 Likes

Things continue to move west, as they generally do, but itā€™s still wait-and-see.

2 Likes

Question: are yā€™all tracking all storms, or mainly focusing on storms that could/will impact WDW?

I try to only focus on storms that will impact FL, but this early out the direction canā€™t be known for certain. I donā€™t know how far out ppl want to know about these things.

4 Likes

Thanks! I just wondered :slight_smile: I love that you guys keep this thread up.

4 Likes

I actually more closely track storms impacting Texas, and itā€™s just the high level stuff I pop in here for our Texas Liners. But I try to keep an eye out for potential Florida impacts and be sure those are getting posted here.

But, I also try to think about how these storms cut across the US and could potentially impact other Liners, including getting to/from WDW.

For that disturbance currently in the Caribbean, I havenā€™t seen them post spaghetti models to have any idea what itā€™s ultimate path is. (The sense I have is they are all over the place right now.)

Below is from another local Houston analyst. If it does take a clockwise turn towards Louisiana, the remnants could spin off towards Florida. Probably not significant impact on Orlando, but could cause weather disrupting flights into Florida from the west.

4 Likes

Is it really raining in Florida right now as much as the weather app is showing or do they just make it look that way in the app?

1 Like

It is the rainy season

2 Likes

I find itā€™s very localized. Sometimes we get rain at home but DD doesnā€™t have any at work, or vice versa. It can also be pouring in Epcot and still sunny in MK :grin:

2 Likes

This.

In 2008 there were a lot of storms - in late August/early September as I recall now. One poured on me, DH and the kid as we drove south thru MO. 35 mph was too fast to drive and that was just the remnants. It had come inland from the Gulf. My niece and my grandson were still at home - flying down in in a couple of days to join us. It was so wet/slick (thanks clay) at home DGS not only slipped but actually fell. To the ground. Heā€™s got phenomenal balance. To add to the insult the truck got stuck on the unpaved gravel road as he was headed to school. After getting the truck home, he gave up and stayed home. Then a few days later, at Disney we were drenched wading thru water at Epcot on our way to Akershus for supper. A far flung arm of a storm coming ashore in MS or LA was hammering central FL.

Good times. :blush:

But really, thanks @vcka and @amvanhoose_701479 for this thread. In our neck of the woods a storm coming up from the Gulf would help the drought situation.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. Itā€™s showing rain every day but maybe itā€™s really just rain for 20 mins.

3 Likes

Yes and you coukd luck out and be in the park it isnā€™t raining in that day :wink: although I wound still plan for the possibility for rain (heavy rain) everyday until November :grimacing:

1 Like