Hurricane Season 2022 & other weather warnings šŸ›

I was just thinking this yesterday, but peak season isnā€™t until Septemberā€¦ soā€¦ there is still time for catastrophe :thinking:

4 Likes

You better hush up or theyā€™ll hear you and come visit.

5 Likes

You ssshhhhhh too with that asking for a visit.

4 Likes

:grimacing: :laughing: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I have been sort of wanting one of those ā€œhey everyone a really huge storm is comingā€ warnings that causes everyone to cancel their vacations and then there isnā€™t a storm and the parks are empty day! :wink:

4 Likes

Ooooh you just want the drama, but no action. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, yes I do :crazy_face:

3 Likes

It better not disrupt my trip to Aulani in 15 days! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

OK I can work with that

3 Likes

Pls no Hurricanes between Sept 9 and 21 :joy: Knock on wood I have avoided the last 3 years running.

5 Likes

Iā€™m w/ you b/c my flights for Aulani would be affected :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

You mean like early September 2019 when Dorian was trying to decide what to do, and airlines were canceling and uncanceling until folks just canceled their Disney trips altogether because they couldnā€™t keep up with what the airlines were doing.

My sister in law was living between Tampa and Tallahassee at the time and thought weā€™d taken leave of our senses when we loaded up two rental vans with water, battery lights, non-perishable foodstuffs, games and 10 of us headed to WDW. Nobody was on the toll road south of Wildwood except 18 wheelers and electric company trucks headed to the coast to provide help.

Northbound was full of folks heading out so the toll roads were free.

Epcot Monday evening was buttoning up (down), wrapping lamppost lights in plastic, with most parks closing early afternoon/evening Tuesday. Dorian was a fly by off the coast overnight. Wednesday was our water park day and Typhoon Lagoon was open.

The weather didnā€™t cool much, unfortunately. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yes exactly! We were traveling across country moving from AZ to FL during Dorian!! We added an extra night in Tallahassee because our Realtor and DHā€™s co workers told us not to come until it passed! And thenā€¦.nothing!:rofl:

1 Like

DH grew up right outside Orlando so, with his lack-of-detail memory, said itā€™ll be fine, we never had a problem with a hurricane . . .

We were off property at a resort with most reviews saying their villa was nice, but dated. Which I took to mean ā€œhad survived other hurricanes with no need of extensive remodelā€. But thinking of lack of power, we came prepared. My main hope was to beat Dorian to our destination which we did.

Youā€™re in an excellent spot! My sister is looking forward to retirement in maybe 2 years. Sheā€™s expecting many spur of the moment trips to the World. Except sheā€™s not yet decided where sheā€™s living. :thinking:

Jumping threads, good luck with your fungus. :smile: Which is trying to connect with something in my poor memory. Does the morning sun reach your fungal areas?

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m not entirely sure it is fungal though after my hours online :rofl: Iā€™ve narrowed it down to
Over watering
Under watering
Fungus
Bugs
Bad soil

Sometimes the internet is not very helpful!

And yes we live in a good spot as most of the schools around us would become shelters for those on the coast to evacuate to :grin:

2 Likes

|800x0

The tropical outlook as of 2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2022. (National Hurricane Center)

The National Hurricane Center is keeping track of a new area of disturbed weather approaching the Caribbean while maintaining watch on two more systems in the Atlantic.

As of the NHCā€™s 2 p.m. tropical outlook, one tropical wave in the mid-Atlantic had its chances of formation drop to 0% as forecasters noted a lack of actual rain in the tropical wave.

A new system, though, only a few hundred miles east-southeast of the Windward Islands, although disorganized now could develop in a few days as it approaches the southeastern Caribbean, forecaster said.

They gave that system a 20% chance of forming into either a tropical depression or storm in the next five days.

Not yet over water is another system with similar potential, which forecasters expect to become a tropical wave when it emerges off the coast of western Africa in the far eastern Atlantic.

ā€œEnvironmental conditions could support some slow development of this system late this week or over the weekend while it moves westward at 10 to 15 mph,ā€ the NHC said.

It also has a 20% chance to become a tropical system in the next five days.

3 Likes

Help me understand the difference between these Xs

Which one on the map is which?

waitā€¦ I see what youā€™re asking but the words and the numbers donā€™t match. I read the remarks and they were both at 20%

But one X says <40% and the other X says it is 40%-60%

But they are the same X

And now youā€™re saying that both Xs are 20% on the map

Do they not know how a legend works???

2 Likes