Https://wdwnt.com/2022/02/breaking-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-opening-memorial-day-weekend-at-epcot/

Remy is the other EP ILL.

1 Like

Oh. Right. Forgot about that. Um. Carry on. Nothing to see here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TT isn’t an ILL.

1 Like

Oh I see @Jeff_AZ beat me to it.

1 Like

Just shows how unpredictable that TT is.
We don’t even know if it’s ILL or just busted

3 Likes

Do we know anything about this roller coaster? I . . . am not a fan of rollercoasters. I’ve actually done all of them at Disney and can do 7DMT, SDD, and BTMRR without complaining. I will do Everest, though I’m a bit scared. I don’t like SM (too jittery, don’t like the lap bar thing) but can do it if required and I will not be doing RnRC ever again (don’t like going upside down)

The official Disney page says GOTR is “family-friendly” and also has “first ever reverse-launch” and “rotates 360 degrees”, which seems counter to “family-friendly”.

1 Like

Here’s an article with a video of what the ride vehicle is like and how it turns as it goes along. This is NOT at Epcot, but at a company’s test site.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/16nov2020-video---disney-shows-off-guardians-of-the-galaxy-ride-system-testing.htm

2 Likes

My guess is it will open some time before the official end of the 50th anniversary celebration which ends in eay 2023. I could also see them waiting until the new fiscal year starts in October.

1 Like

Squeak Peek was in September (looked at my saved reservation) can’t remember when it officially opened.

1 Like

10/1 wasn’t it?

3 Likes

oh, that sounds right! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m feeling super hopeful that my dates will overlap. I’m still bitter about missing moonlight magic by 2 days. This would make up for it a hundredfold!

1 Like

I believe they gave sneak peeks to DVC mbrs w/ reservations or to resort guest starting in August too. They got in before APs. @Dreamer did you get one of those special entries? I know @DumboRunner runner did.

2 Likes

I am SO excited about this!! We are going in November and I was fearing it wouldn’t open until September. Had such awful luck with RoTR (Its press day was the day we were in HS and we didn’t even bother trying to get on the following days). Hoping Tron opens Oct 1 so we can get that in too! :wink:

fantastic! I have zero interest in riding this so anything that gobbles up the peoples while I go ride other things is great for me!

5 Likes

The DVC dates were somewhat limited for the Remy preview if I am remembering correctly? I had no problem getting a time for the AP preview. With Remy they let you into the back area during your time slot and you could stay and ride as many time as you wanted, I am thinking with Cosmic Rewind it will be just one ride.

3 Likes

Yes, this was awesome!!!

I did not get a DVC sneak peak reservation, but I got an AP one.

1 Like

What?

Why?

2 Likes

I also questioned this but to each is their own I guess :joy: I’m actually most excited for GotG over Tron, lol.

2 Likes