Https://wdwnt.com/2022/02/breaking-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-opening-memorial-day-weekend-at-epcot/

Any thoughts on if this might mean lighter crowds the week before Memorial Day? (She asked hopefully.)

Donā€™t know if Iā€™m happy or sad our May trip ends 5/24.

Going with a large group so I donā€™t want the hassle of trying to get the latest and greatest in.

Now, I guess Iā€™ll have to get park tickets for DH and my trip for the Liner meet.

1 Like

This is not what I want to hear! Lalalalala!!! :hear_no_evil:

Ok, another side note. What does a person do when their flight is at 7am?? :sob:

1 Like

Have a close friend or family member sign in to your account?

3 Likes

Good ideaā€¦ but am I the only liner with no disney obsessed friends or family? :cry: I legit do not think I know anyone that could handle the ridiculousness that is involved with booking rides on the MDE app.

1 Like

I am queen of the solo trips so definitely not alone!

1 Like

OMG Iā€™m about to die of excitement! I have high hopes for this one.

5 Likes

You could always get a nice liner friend that you trust to do it for you. Note that Iā€™m not putting myself forward as Iā€™ve never got a BG or bought an ILL if thatā€™s the way it goes.

3 Likes

When DW finds out we missed this by a couple of weeks, ohā€¦ I am Groot.

9 Likes

Well . . . I have a quick trip planned for May 25 - May 28. My brother is a high school band director and his band is marching at MK on Thursday before Memorial Day. I am going with a friend and my mom - both first time WDW goers and we have Epcot reservations for Saturday.

4 Likes

Excited to know for sure that this will be opened for our December trip. Also glad that we arenā€™t going just as it opens, to allow the initial rush of people to try it out and hopefully allow Disney to figure out the kinks.

Also, it will be nice to have some wait time numbers to judge by come December.

Now the question is if Tron will open this year as well. It is possibleā€¦but the lack of any timeframe announcement is disheartening.

5 Likes

This is killing me, we will be there the first week of May. I wasnā€™t planning on it being open, but just knowing we are missing it by only a few weeks is giving me major FOMO.

We were planning to skip 2023, and do a California trip in 2024 to hit Lego Land, DL, and Super Nintendo World at Universal. Oh well, when we finally make it back Tron should be open as well.

4 Likes

Weā€™ll be there starting June 5 so Iā€™m super excited weā€™ll get to experience it. I donā€™t know when our next trip will be so it may be 10 years before we get back. However I am bummed that the crowds in Epcot will be crazy while weā€™re there. I never get to spend the kind of time I want to spend in the World Showcase and now Iā€™m afraid it will be so crowded I wonā€™t get to do that this time either.

1 Like

Weā€™ll be there 5/15-5/22 - I canā€™t remember how far in advance the DVC/AP sneak peaks started on Remy. Fingers crossed!!

1 Like

Our DVC one was on 9/5 and it opened 10/1 - so totally possible!

2 Likes

Itā€™ll be interesting to see if EPCOT adds this as a third ILL or drops one of the others

3 Likes

I can imagine dropping FEA as an ILL and then it becomes the SDD of Epcot

8 Likes

That would be okay with me the more options the better. I am hoping there might be a good split between TT and FEA on the 7AM rush if they move FEA from ILL to LL so maybe a little better than SDD?

2 Likes

I would expect TT to dropped from ILLS before FEAā€¦seems like more people would be willing to pay extra for guaranteed access to FEA. But I could be wrong. It has happened once or twice.

1 Like

Ooh good point. Especially with TT unpredictability and thus increased need for guest recovery when itā€™s down during an ILL$

2 Likes