How was your RotR attempt?

Failed back in december. I happened to be in HS for half a day on what was one of the worst days since the opening. There was a long downtime right when my BG would’ve been called, so despite being there at 6AM and getting BG 50-something, I missed it without a chance to go back :cry:

1 Like

Good question. I guess speed? By the time I select my party, I get the message that distribution is done. This morning wasn’t a total fail I guess because I would have gotten a BBG. I just don’t want to disappoint my SW obsessed 13 year old DS.

1 Like

It usually takes at least 30 seconds for initial BGs to run out. If you start right at 8:00:00, which step is taking you too long? Is Join Boarding Group not active in either the Find Out More screen or after pressing My Status?

1 Like

It’s the join the BG button not being active after the find out more screen.

2 Likes

Try pushing My Status right at 8:00. If the blue Join Boarding Group button is active, press it. If it’s not, push the back button from that screen. If the Join button is orange, push it. If it’s not, try My Status again. If it’s still not active, refresh the app. Repeat.

2 Likes

Also here is the step by step instructions with screenshots if you haven’t seen it yet.

BG practice really has been down today. I pushed find out more right at 8 and nothing was lit up. So then I hit my status and still nothing. I went back to the home screen and tried again- nothing. Tried again and still couldn’t get it to light up. I finally closed the app and reopened it and it went through albeit at a BBG at this point since I was now at 8:00:30. What did I do wrong?

1 Like

You did right. Sometimes it just doesn’t go through. Try refreshing right before 8am.

1 Like

I’ve done all of that. I think I’m old and slow so it takes me longer than a minute to do it all. I was really excited the other day when the Join BG button was active immediately, but by the time I finished the other steps everything was gone.
I really do appreciate your help. Maybe 30 more days of practice will pay off.

2 Likes

Is your phone time synced with time.gov? Mine was 20 seconds of when I tested.

If the problem is that the button is not active when you click on Find out more at 8am, then it has nothing to do with you being slow. It might be that your phone is slightly ahead of time.gov, or that you are clicking too early (something more likely to happen if you are nervous).

Try being at the home page of MDE, looking at the clock when it turns to 8, take a deep breath, and then click on Find out more.

Also, is there a chance that the error message you are seeing is due to not being at the park instead of taking too long? MDE’s error messages are notoriously unrelated to the real problem.

And third thing, if your DS 13 is obsessed with SW, maybe he wants to do the process? It technically is taking the steps to join the Resistance, if you squint :yum:

2 Likes

Great thought and yes, it is synced.

2 Likes

Another thing to pay attention is if the following screens are showing up automatically or if they are taking some (sometimes quite short) time to load. If it is automatic it means your app is showing you old data.

If you don’t care about a morning BG, you can close MDE and wait to open it when it turns 8am. That should guarantee nothing is cached (saved from before).

1 Like

I got a BG and ride one time and a BBG and got called (but had to leave park), so that really counts in this poll as “rode,” but could only vote once so went with the back up option.

2 Likes

Ok, practice went well today. I got my party selected by 8:00:10. I feel like that would put me in a pretty good position for a BG. I took your advice and took a deep breath right at 8 and it worked well. I think I was trying to go through the process too fast yesterday (if that’s possible).

4 Likes

Great advice–thank you.
I do think I need to teach my DS how to do this so we are both trying. Of course, he is a Dark side kid so not sure how he would feel about joining the Resistance.:joy: He does want to ride though.

:joy: He can try to infiltrate the Resistance :yum:

1 Like

He totally would try!
He ratted out Chewie to the Storm troppers on our last visit.

2 Likes

Always one to think outside the box, aye!

1 Like

I second having your DS try too. Your other family members can login to your account from home too if their schedules allow. The first time I went with my DD, it was my DH, from home, who got me BG 8. I think DD would have gotten us in from HS because it was all working well for her but he beat her. I got the “something went wrong” message :grimacing:. When I went a few weeks later with DS, my DH tried again but repeatedly got the “something went wrong” message but I got in at HS, BG66. I found that simply knowing that it wasn’t all on just me helped with my nerves too. You’ve got this!

1 Like