How was your RotR attempt?

Ok, practice went well today. I got my party selected by 8:00:10. I feel like that would put me in a pretty good position for a BG. I took your advice and took a deep breath right at 8 and it worked well. I think I was trying to go through the process too fast yesterday (if that’s possible).

4 Likes

Great advice–thank you.
I do think I need to teach my DS how to do this so we are both trying. Of course, he is a Dark side kid so not sure how he would feel about joining the Resistance.:joy: He does want to ride though.

:joy: He can try to infiltrate the Resistance :yum:

1 Like

He totally would try!
He ratted out Chewie to the Storm troppers on our last visit.

2 Likes

Always one to think outside the box, aye!

1 Like

I second having your DS try too. Your other family members can login to your account from home too if their schedules allow. The first time I went with my DD, it was my DH, from home, who got me BG 8. I think DD would have gotten us in from HS because it was all working well for her but he beat her. I got the “something went wrong” message :grimacing:. When I went a few weeks later with DS, my DH tried again but repeatedly got the “something went wrong” message but I got in at HS, BG66. I found that simply knowing that it wasn’t all on just me helped with my nerves too. You’ve got this!

1 Like

If only. My DDs will be too mad they aren’t with us and my DH claims to “hate” Disney.

Looking at the results of the poll so far, everyone who tried to get a BG, received a BG or BBG, and most people actually made it onto the ride.

In my poll in the other thread (linked above), similar results - only 5-6 people out of ~110 didn’t get a BG or BBG despite being at the park and ready on time, and of those only one had a 0% success rate (could have been only one attempt by that person).

1 Like

It really looks like at least 90% of liners who know what to do and arrive on time get to ride. Is worse then 100%, but is not that bad.

The experience continues to be unpleasant and stressful, but you will probably get to ride it :slight_smile:

My friend (who got BBG 106 and rode it at 5pm) was so stress out and unhappy about a “bad” BG performance that he didn’t do anything for the first hour in the park. I think that is the biggest danger and worse part of the process, especially considering the (kind of meaningless) distinction between BGs and BBGs

2 Likes

We tried on Tuesday last week. Made it through the tapstiles by 8am, saw the ‘Join Boarding Group’ change and immediately clicked on it. I got 3 rounds of error messages and didn’t get one. I also had my husband trying back home and my son trying with the wifi next to me (I turned the wifi off). No go for any of us. We decided to try again on Wednesday. I’ve had some bad Lyft experiences, so we now go with either buses or Minnie Vans. We got to the lobby of the resort at 6:55am and the Minnie Van was over 20 minutes out, so we decided to go with the bus. By 7:35am, we still had no HS bus. Knowing the lines at bag check and the tapstiles, we knew that even if the bus came immediately, we would never get into the park in time, we bailed and decided to enjoy breakfast instead. Our last HS day was the day after the Villains After Hours and we had no desire to get up early. Will try again in April when crowds will be lighter.

2 Likes

I am sorry! At least you will be able to try again in April.

Could you share what were the error messages you received? It might help other liners

1 Like

I don’t know when you are going, but you may be able to get a liner to log in for you from home as an extra set of hands as well! I’ve done this for a friend successfully and depending on the date would be happy to help others.

1 Like

I am so sorry. Your experience is my biggest fear. I hope April is successful.

That’s really sweet.
I think today I was successful (as successful as you can be from home when you aren’t in the park). I got all the way through and then got the message that I wasn’t in the park. And when I hit Join Boarding Group it wasn’t displaying BBG yet. So I guess that is a success?

1 Like

It was a very generic ‘something went wrong’ message. I got to the point where I selected my party successfully and then got the error message. We even left off one in my party who had an issue at the tapstiles. I figured if I was successful, I would go to Guest Services about having him added after the fact. I wanted to eliminate any possible problem to maximize the change for success.

3 Likes

Did you try taking a screenshot of the error and showing it to Guest services? I have read heard of people doing that successfully when they had errors like that

No, Unfortunately my phone can’t take screenshots because of a work app I have installed that disables that functionality (this is an ongoing thorn in my side).

I was worried about that when we did it. My app was crashing constantly on the days before our HS visit. That morning I rebooted my phone about 10 min. before BG opening and then didn’t open my app until just before. I’ve see that error message before. Very frustrating.

I also made sure everything on my phone was off because I was so worried that something would interfere!