How do you go bagless in WDW?

You are stylin’. I’m wearing cargo shorts right now and as often as possible. No bags!

2 Likes

True, maybe stock up the pockets, fill in park. This has possibilities…

You can divide up everything you mentioned between the 4(?) of you if you all have pockets.

Or, just have one of you take a backpack. That’s what we did, and we still saved time over all of us having a bag. But DH is the master of backpacks. He has about 10 of them, I am not kidding.

3 Likes

I have always been the back pack master, wouldnt let my DH hold it when he tried. Never really used most of it… It was just like a comfort assurance. I always went through bag check while everyone else left. Also, if we drove, DH would drop me off to go through bag check n park. I still waited a bit for them but it was no biggie.

4 Likes

Thanks for the entertainment and tips. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m with @mommy. Ladies shy away from cargo shorts. They form bulges in places we don’t want and will make me look fat in pictures! And do they really sell cargo shorts for women? DH and DS have cargo shorts and will never agree to pocket all of my stuff and DD’s stuff.

If we want to skip the security line, then we don’t want a bag at all. If the Running Buddy (thanks @illini) and the Flip Belt (thanks @dianelynn) still requires us to stand in line for security, we would rather just bring back packs.

Now stuffing everything but the water bottles into our pockets including the folded up bag might be an option, if that would allow up to skip the security line. Could someone confirm that? Since we may need a light jacket in the mornings in mid-December, those will provide more pockets.

Of course, we would all look kind of roly-poly rolling up to the park entrances. I’m going have to go back to the drawing board to figure out what we really need to bring into the park and how they will all fit into the 4 peoples’ pockets or just 1 back pack.

1 Like

Security check point is for “bags”. Now if u look too bulky u could get pulled aside but still dont have to wait in bag line, lol. DH always has stuff in pockets n doesnt have to do bag security line.

1 Like

What about carrying a 64 oz wide mouth water bottle that’s filled with snacks, sunscreen, and such? You could transfer its contents to a collapsible nylon bag once inside the park, and then fill it up using the free cups of water if you wanted to use it as an actual water bottle.

2 Likes

Hmmm, would prob be up to digression, it doesnt tech violate bag rule…

Now that is sly.
I thought I was a crafty little sneaky fox but I am duly humbled.

I don’t go at extremely busy times (other than ropedrop), but I’ve never waited more than about 5 minutes for bag check. Definitely not long enough to not take a bag for that reason alone.

2 Likes

I went backpacking over the weekend and had mini binoculars in my breast pocket. DD took some candid photos and I laughed and said I’d have to photoshop that big girl right out.

DH said, “No, put something in the OTHER pocket.” :roll_eyes:

Typical.

5 Likes

One time, at band camp… lol, no, i had to wait 20 minutes, low CLs, just seemed under staffed, hr after entry

1 Like

Now that is a lug when filled. If I attach it to my belt loop…

1 Like

:rofl: Gotta remember not to use that breast pocket! If we chose to stuff everything into our pockets to go through security, please don’t take any pictures if you see me!

3 Likes

That’s 5 more minutes of sleep before RDing. By the time we get to day 3 of RDing, every second of sleep matters in my family. Grumpy will have 4 people after his job.

2 Likes

I haven’t read every post so forgive me if redundant but for me:

The hiking/trail shorts that have multiple pockets, including those on the sides of the legs (aka discrete cargo pockets)

and minimal running snap on belt bags

with those, you can bring phone, charger,small case with needed cards and ID, small bags with bandaids, blistex.

None of this works when you are living in the world with littles, of course. Then you just wait in the security line to have your bags checked. Bummer :smirk:

But, then you get to do Disney with your sweet littles. I’d give a lot to go back to those days :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Cargo pants and minimalist.
Phone
Portable charger (slightly bigger than lip stick size) & very short cable
Sunglasses
Possibly a couple of bandaids stashed in a pocket.
Lip gloss
Very small cheap bottle of water - fits in a pocket, refill at water fountains.
Have even put a snack bar in a pocket.
Bit of cash. Hopefully I’m staying on property and my magic band is essentially a cc.

When I broke my arm I had to use a cross body bag. It had similar stuff to cargo pants with the addition of plenty of aspirin.

Sister & her granddaughter used the running buddy. T-shirt over. Nobody said anything.

When we had little kids that needed a stroller we brought a large ziploc bag with a change of clothes, a diaper and a small pack of wipes.

If you can walk, you can carry your own stuff. 4 year olds and up get their own waist pack or cargos.

Also helps that we’re only in a park for half a day. After your afternoon nap, replenish the pockets.

3 Likes

HA! This speaks to me…I want to simplify and not bring things, but I also really want to be Batman! I want to swoop in and save the day for everyone in my party. I have always done this, but this is our first year without a stroller, so I’m thinking I can simplify…small baggie with band aids, small bottle of sunscreen, and phone charger. The things I can’t let go are water bottle and ponchos. Mid September = hot and rainy. Maybe I should just bring the stroller one more year- cup holders, a giant basket for stuff…

4 Likes

Maybe just buy the kids sandals and tell them they’re like Moana!

In Hawaii we learned to just get wet, have a good time and eventually everything dries out. I don’t think I ever saw an umbrella once there, though of course it rains all the time.

Once we learned to quit worrying about the rain, it was wonderful. Winter rain is a different matter, of course, but warm rain is not a problem if you wear the right clothes. Also rides like KRR and Spash are more fun that way, too.

3 Likes

This 100%.
We are there before rope drop anyway. And even with our stroller and tons of gear we are normally first at the tapstiles in WDW.

Maybe later arriving people would benefit more from baglessness. Or frequent hoppers.