Hoping Mrs. Incredible will be my spiritual guide....a mom leaves dad at home and takes on the World with two toddlers (a trip report)

Score!

I don’t know whether to side-eye or clap. But man do I appreciate your candor. I see the Ravenclaw more clearly now.:wink:

3 Likes

Sacrelige. You gotta up your frosting game.

4 Likes

as cakes and cupcakes should be…

6 Likes

So we’re headed to BoG for dinner tonight and I’ve only eaten breakfast there before. Suggestions?

For appetizers, I’m leaning salad because I don’t eat enough of that in the bubble and also it feels a bit hot for lobster bisque or French onion soup (my other two options).

For entrees, leaning pork or scallops. @DumboRunner I feel like you just ate here and did scallops, right?! Presuming @Randall1028 recommends the filet?! Any other opinions?

4 Likes

The gray stuff

5 Likes

Cupcake #7!

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that @Randall1028 isn’t actually weighing in very much. Wonder if he’s okay…

2 Likes

I was just thinking this yesterday

2 Likes

I personally enjoy the assorted meats and cheese selection for the appetizer. I prefer the steak to the scallops but the scallops were
Fine.

3 Likes

The scallops were great, but I love seafood!!! I think I remember they were accompanied by mushroom risotto, which also I love but I know not everyone loves mushrooms.

And it is 3 course prix fixe, so you get a starter. I had the soup – I think it was lobster bisque?

Enjoy your BOG time!! And remember that you are allowed to visit see each of the rooms, not just the one you are seated in

4 Likes

Ditto!

1 Like

Left the hotel to head back to the park around 3:45. In the park by 4. Caught another Nightmare cavalcade as we were entering.

Stopped to take some photopass pics with the castle. Then headed for Fantasyland but heard some more cavalcade music so planted on the hub across from the Liberty Square spoke, only to be greeted by the princess cavalcade. The only one we hadn’t seen! And it’s no joke. Merida on horseback, Tiana and Rapunzel in a gazebo, and then Ariel, Cinderella, Elena, Snow White, Belle, Jasmine, and the Fairy Godmother all on the castle float. Felt like we won the lottery. I don’t have great pics because I tried to get video with my other camera instead. Since DD’s favorite activities are meeting the characters, this was a fantastic way to start winding down our trip.

I wanted to return the Ariel dress we bought on Sunday when DD’s Minnie dress was too itchy, since she didn’t wear it at all and so doesn’t need more clothing. We were looking for special souvenirs for each of the kids and DD asked about the colorful fans (the collapsible paper ones) she had seen some folks using. The store only had the villain ones but said Emporium had the rainbow ones. So we headed back to Main Street since lines were all still long and had an hour+ to kill. Caught part of Boo to You cavalcade and then waited in a line that took all of five minutes to get into the store. It was a madhouse. And we couldn’t find the fans. And DS was pulling everything off the shelves. And screaming when I’d pick him up to stop him from doing so. So I impulse purchased a handful of things, forgetting the set of pens I had wanted for myself. DD’s alternate-to-the-fan souvenir? A Guardians if the Galaxy mix tape journal and a multi color click pen. She’s pretty much been writing in it nonstop since the acquisition.

We started heading back toward BOG but still had about 25 minutes before our reservation. The IASW line looked relatively short (posted time 20 min) and I figured that was one of the best rides to end on, so we hopped in line. Waited 10 min. Requested front row and was granted it. DS started singing in line waiting and saying “this really good song”.

Finally checked into BOG. West Wing was full to DD’s disappointment but I think it was for the best. It’s cool but way too dark for my taste. So we sat in the ballroom.

Caught the Beast

(With the low lighting and his constant movement it was really hard to get a good pic)

Took the advice of @DumboRunner and for the scallops, which I clearly did not enjoy

Crossed “cupcake” #7 off the list

And then slow strolled through a nearly empty and totally closed park back to the hotel. Stopping to take some rare photos along the way of course.

And that’s a wrap on park days for this trip. Kiddos asked to go to bed instead of their usual resistance. We have an 8am Chef Mickey’s tomorrow morning before the Tragical Express picks us up at 10:30. I figure old fashioned Mickey waffles are a good send off.

Recap on the day:

Rides - Buzz, Dumbo, Under the Sea x2, IASW, Philharmagic, Monorail, IASW encore

Other Attractions - Nightmare Cavalcade x2, Boo to You, and Princess Cavalcade, plus Beast sighting

Cupcakes - 1.5 (don’t know I can count BOG’s dinner version an actual cupcake…)

11,288 steps walked. Just over 5 miles. I don’t believe you, Apple Watch. That HAS to be more than 6 minutes of exercise.

26 Likes

What a great trip! You surely channeled your inner Mrs Incredible. I love that the kids asked to go to bed. What a treat!

(Oh, and since the forum software is telling me to, this is where I encourage everyone to get involved in the conversation! Because I have replied to @eeeevah 3 times in this particular topic)

5 Likes

Is that… a Mrs. Potts dress you’re wearing? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I’m not believing my Apple Watch today either. :joy:

2 Likes

She deserves the attention since it’s her Incredible trip report :partying_face::rofl:

4 Likes

:joy: that’s what I thought too!

3 Likes

And her daughter’s wearing Belle. Very appropriate. Kudos! :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

Fantastic pics, especially the night time ones! I’m sad your trip is nearly over! Chef Mickeys seem like a great way to end.

4 Likes