Hoping Mrs. Incredible will be my spiritual guide....a mom leaves dad at home and takes on the World with two toddlers (a trip report)

It’s 6:45am. The kids don’t know yet that we’re headed to WDW today. Yesterday, DD4 asked if we could go on adventure this weekend. I told her I would plan something after she went to sleep. Asked her if there was anything special she wanted to do on the adventure… “spend a night in the hotel, maybe do some swimming, walk a lot, ride escalators. Can we go to Philadelphia?” I hope the actual plans won’t disappoint her. :sweat_smile:

DS1 tried to wake us up at 4:45 this morning. I managed to get him back to sleep until 6:10; this new habit will be fun when he’s sharing the hotel room with his big sister. Seriously, Disney, you cater to families with small children. How come nothing is open before dawn?!

Anyhow, off to wake DD4 and DH up (he’s our ride to the airport this morning). We’ll leave the house around 7:30 for an hour trip to Newark. Then a direct flight to MCO at 10:30. If all goes well, we should be on DME just before 2 for an afternoon of swimming (at least I’ll cross one thing off DD4’s list today!).

Wish me luck!!

29 Likes

Safe travels! Have a great trip!

2 Likes

Yaaaay!! I’m so excited for you!! I am hoping yalll get some magic in! How old is DS1? Months-wise, I mean

3 Likes

Have a great trip!
From your daughter’s list:
Hotel stay :white_check_mark:
Swimming :white_check_mark:
Walk a lot :white_check_mark:
Escalator

Well, you’ve got 3 out of 4 covered :wink: ooh, wait you should have one at an airport… I think you’re good to go for a great time!

10 Likes

Lemme think. You can ride an escalator at Disney Springs, as well as inside The Contemporary.

4 Likes

MCO has escalators. First off the list

2 Likes

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

1 Like

Oh! Right. Duh! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Word.

5 Likes

Have a ton of fun! We’ll be a couple hours behind you.

3 Likes

Most airports have escalators.

How great!! Thanks for taking us along for the fun!

4 Likes

22.5 months!

3 Likes

First line! Security at the airport:

Also? Escalators at the airport, yes. But with the stroller, we can’t use them much to DD’s consternation. I’m pretty sure the Contemporary has them and that’s where we’re staying!

25 Likes

(sigh) I remember the days when riding an escalator was an exciting thing. The Dallas inner-city train system has a station with really long escalators and 45 degree elevators. Several times we took a detour to do both.

5 Likes

have a great time!

1 Like

Many years ago I a job working with youth and took a group from a rural area to the Mall of America. I remember it was the first time one of the girls had ever ridden an escalator - she would have gone up & down all day if we hadn’t dragged her away after a couple of runs!

4 Likes

DD3 looking at this photo with me: “is that me and DS?” :joy:. Told her those sisters are going to DW with their mommy just like we did! Have such a great time! We will enjoy following!

4 Likes

To be fair, MoA has really good escalators!

1 Like

Good luck!! Have an incredible time!

1 Like