Hoping Mrs. Incredible will be my spiritual guide....a mom leaves dad at home and takes on the World with two toddlers (a trip report)

Arrived at MCO! Have no idea how long the DME wait is meant to be since the line ends literally half way down the terminal…

10 Likes

:flushed: Busy weekend! Oh well, you have a pool in your near future!

3 Likes

Yep. A nearly full flight. Though with a lap infant, I booked a window and aisle seat and fortunately no one took the middle so we had a row to ourselves. Newark was incredibly crowded but I only saw four non-nose maskers. In the DME line, took about 8 minutes to get to the distance markers on the ground, which literally no one is following.

4 Likes

Fun! I hope you have a great time!!

2 Likes

So exciting!! Have all the fun!

I hope the line moved quickly!

2 Likes

25 minutes from the end of the line to departure. Room still not ready yet but we’re hanging poolside and eating some fries and our first Mickey pretzel of the trip. DS1 did not take a nap today, so I’m thinking an early night in the room is the right answer before MK tomorrow!!

25 Likes

Pretzel & pool sounds a like a nice way to spend an afternoon.

I’m going to have to remember (and remind the fam) when we go next month that ridiculously long looking lines doesn’t necessarily mean a ridiculous wait. Cause if I’d seen that line I might have turned around and looked for a plane home! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

The TSMM line was out to the entrance of TSL. It took 10 minutes one time and 15 the next. SDD at the entrance to TSL, on the other hand, means an hour. Splash ti Pecos Bill means around 30 minutes, or so I’ve read. Lines look crazy but are always moving.

1 Like

So by 5:20, we still didn’t have a room. With the little one not having take a nap, tempers were starting to get dicey. Went to the front desk (no line) and they apologized and said they had a room available for us now. Pixie dust abounds:

@Randall1028 is right, though. Photos do not capture how close the castle really is. I see now why those rooms cost so much more.

Placed a mobile order for contempo cafe. Did I mention that I’m on a cupcake quest this trip?

#1:

After a quick bite, we’re off to ride the escalators a few times before turning in.

Two side notes on the contemporary: I stayed here two years ago and the silence this time is deafening. It is just bizarre. Also, you can smell that they’ve been cleaning, but it smells like a spa rather than disinfectant. It’s really quite nice here right now.

31 Likes

Oops didn’t read closely enough, 1 big sister and 1 brother! Sorry!

1 Like

Was it a good cupcake?

2 Likes

Saving it for after the kids crash!!

5 Likes

Good call!

1 Like

Woah nice view!

2 Likes

Ate the Cinderella cupcake while staring at the castle all lit up outside the window. The kids don’t appreciate the view but it’s a nice treat for mom now that they’ve finally crashed. Though DS1 was very excited about all the buses he saw driving outside our window. :woman_facepalming:t2:

17 Likes

Disney at dawn. And a minor meltdown that meant we got to the park late. But PPF x2 and PotC so far. Now in 5 min line for JC. Then maybe flying carpets before IASW and some sleep hallow waffles…

26 Likes

On a boat

24 Likes

Aww. Sorry that happened!

2 Likes

Eh. Should’ve expected the dress would be too scratchy or the shoes too tight. That’s what you get when you have to pack for the 4 year old since the trip is a surprise…

And now:

21 Likes