Hoping Mrs. Incredible will be my spiritual guide....a mom leaves dad at home and takes on the World with two toddlers (a trip report)

We will be getting some of those tomorrow!

6 Likes

That looks so good!!

4 Likes

Such cute photos!

4 Likes

Beautiful pics!

3 Likes

Line for waffles at 9:20 took about 25 minutes. It was hot but the kids were troopers. Mostly kept them occupied by allowing them to put sunscreen all over themselves.

Pumpkin spice Mickey waffles were delicious. The kids ate the ice cream. We sat for a spell on the stairs behind sleepy hollow (worst thing about solo parenting is you have no one who can “save” you a table while you wait in line).

Then we went and got DD an alternate dress since the Minnie one was too itchy.

We let DS run around for a bit behind the castle and he chose to play his current favorite game of “napping,” where he snores and then crows like a rooster.

We got to see the stepsisters outside the place where the princess meets usually are:

Lines were building significantly. We went to check on Under the Sea since a few minutes prior it was showing 6 min in the Lines app. When we got there, the posted time was 20 min but the CM at the end of the very long, distanced line said it was about 35 from that point. Kids didn’t want to wait so we decided to head back to the hotel for our afternoon rest.

Side note that the 7DMT line was wrapped around the ride and was nearly all the way to Gaston’s Tavern.

We just missed a cavalcade when we got to the other side of the castle. Really hoping we can catch one or two this evening.

Also? The walk to the Contemporary? May not seem like much but push a 20lb double stroller with 75 pounds of kids in it in 90 degree heat and it literally feels like you’ve been deserted in the middle of the Sahara and the only thing keeping you going is a mirage in the distance that never seems to get any closer.

So we’re back here now; the little one is napping after a 15 minute fight about it. The older one is coloring (though she should be napping). Plan for this evening is to try and knock out Under the Sea and Small World with minimal waits, get me a turkey leg and another cupcake, and see the castle up close at night.

I, by the way, think the pink feels a bit disjointed but I don’t find it offensive:

![image|375x500]

19 Likes

That would be really funny if you hadn’t been enduring so much!

(And, yes, TP Forum, I have replied to @eeeevah three times in this particular topic because it’s her thread!)

9 Likes

The napping picture is priceless!!:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

This is just so relatable! Ive done this- not at Disney— and yea brutal!! Can’t imagine after walking the park! Well deserved break!

5 Likes

Daughter saw me reading this and has declared that the Mickie Waffle Ice Cream is a must.

9 Likes

19 Likes

I’m not an expert, but that doesn’t look like a cupcake.

6 Likes

Great work Mom-on-Your-Own. You are hanging in there strong and smiling!

5 Likes

Duh. It’s a turkey leg.

4 Likes

Well, if they have fried ice cream at the state fair…so you could be right. Or it could be a cupcake after all.

1 Like

More cupcake challenges for you, lol

5 Likes

Pretty sure it looks like Jafar.

7 Likes

AAAAGH! I’m so excited for you! The pictures are great. The food, amazing. I’m so, so, so happy you were able to surprise the kids with an adventure.

I’m totally Snoopy dancing for you! Have THE BEST time!

6 Likes

Listen you… :fist_right:

3 Likes

12 Likes

Nice cupcake

7 Likes