Hoping Mrs. Incredible will be my spiritual guide....a mom leaves dad at home and takes on the World with two toddlers (a trip report)

for one last day before the Next Time

5 Likes

LOVE this.

1 Like

Keep Hope Alive

4 Likes

Tell me about the monorail loop! Any idea about how long it took?

1 Like

About a half hour to do the full loop. We had to wait for the monorail ahead of us to clear stations a couple of times. You have to do temp screens and security if you’re not starting at the MK. They’re keeping them fairly open, too - maximum of one family per bench. So it’s nice to have space on the train (a benefit of social distancing). Oh! And at the contemporary, we got to ride a separate set of escalators to board/disembark!!

Also, FYI to those who were curious about operating hours, I can’t say how late they’ve been running, but I did notice the resort loop train running already at 6:20 this morning. MK doesn’t open until 9, so has to be to allow for early morning ADRs at the hotels.

1 Like

Thank you! I love your little one going “Monorail!!” :joy:

1 Like

“Slept in” this morning until 6:20!! Watched an episode of Elena of Avalor and MM Clubhouse. Headed out of the room at 7:45 and hit temp screening and security lines at 7:55. Lots of rope droppers this am!

5 Likes

Through security by 8:04. Tap stiles not open yet.

2 Likes

Line started moving at 8:15. Was second in line for tap stiles, which opened at 8:18. Have done Buzz (first in line and Hs ride to ourselves), Dumbo (first in line), and then Ariel (first in line, had ride to ourselves, and did a second lap). Not bad to accomplish before official park open!!

8 Likes

Stopped at Gaston’s since no line. Had never been in before. Totally cute.

Split a cinnamon bun which was, no lie, as big as my son’s head. And he’s got a big head.

Now on Small World. Posted 10 min wait. Took 14.

21 Likes

Hit up Philharmagic for the first time (ups my number on @sanstitre_has_left_the_building post to 32 I think?!). Concept is cute but I just think 3D tech from that era is so bad. Everything is fuzzy and dark and the kids complained it was too loud. One and done for us.

By the time we got off that, everything has a 45 minute wait or so (and PPF is down). So we mobile ordered some pizza and cupcake number 6 and snagged a table at the Villagehaus. Another first! Loving watching the boats go by!!

8 Likes

What kind of cupcake is that???

Not so poison apple cupcake. A Halloween special only at the villagehaus. It’s an apple cupcake with pecan crumble. I’ll report back on its deliciousness shortly!

4 Likes

That’s on my list for Thursday. Let me know if it’s good!

Pecan crumble?!?? I was hoping to try this, but I won’t be able to. :sob::cry::sob::cry::sob:

All-time favorite Simpsons parody:

6 Likes

It’s good. But very sweet. Like most of the cupcakes we’ve tried there’s about a 4:1 ratio of frosting:cake. Even the kiddos wound up only eating th cake part by the end and we tossed most of the frosting. But if there are five of you splitting it, it’s money well spent!!

4 Likes

Thanks for the assessment! We may end up skipping it…we’re going to do dessert at the Plaza so might not need another sweet! We shall see.

Bummer. But if you’re headed to Animal Kingdom, get the Scar(e) cupcake, which can be found at Creature Comforts, Flame Tree, or Restaurantasaurus. It’s red velvet with toasted marshmallow filling and chocolate covered krispies on top. Has a similar texture and sweetness factor.

5 Likes

So after the Villagehaus, we decided to head back to the hotel for our midday break. I suggested we walk back through Liberty Square to see if we could catch a cavalcade. As I mentioned before, DD has gotten super into Nightmare over the last two weeks (to the point where she wants to be Sally for Halloween). So when I thought I heard the music in the distance, I sprinted. In 85 degree heat. Pushing 80 pounds of stroller and kids. But I managed to avoid mowing down any inattentive passersby and catch up to the back of the float. There are no additional dancers with this one so we literally just followed the float all the way down Main Street. In my daughter’s words, “That was…A-MAZING!!”

21 Likes