Home for the Holidays - a trip report

I kind of agree. The image quality of all 3 lenses on the 11 pro is great, but the wide angle introduces a lot of distortion; especially indoors.

2 Likes

I spy with my little eye California Pizza Kitchen.

1 Like

You get to hear a lot of conversations while working in the Outer Rim. Got to listen to

1. A mom drone on and on about how so many things are wrong in Disney
  2. A Dad complain that his wife was buried in her cell phone so he couldn’t order the exact food she wanted (I…am…not fully sure how that works, but whatever),
  3. A grandfather inform his grand kids that he just got off the phone with Mickey and asked them to see them for lunch
  4. A family christmas party where the grandmother carted out a full CART of gifts for everyone. Very cool.

But I think I just heard the best quote of the day: A girl and her mother are trying to get the attention of a very grumpy father, but he wants none of it. The girl just grins and turns to her mother and says" he can’t break my smile today. I’m too happy."

Rock on.

31 Likes

<3

7 Likes

Love #3, and last one kind of breaks my heart, but glad she’s having a happy time!

7 Likes

Work day’s over!!! PLAY TIME!!!

16 Likes

Was this 3am? Lol

1 Like

4am. :smiley:

Well the start of the plan was to pop into the gf to get a gingerbread shingle. Saw a wedding party while I was there. But I left shingle-less cause the line was nuts.

12 Likes

What is the significance of 1999 on the sign in the last photo?

I think that’s when they started the gingerbread houses Tradition? I honestly don’t know.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know I said I was planning on doing batuu. And I am. But I was distracted by cookie.

16 Likes

Ok, this backpack, with all my work gear, is proving quite annoying at security. So back to the hotel to dump it. It’s cool enough here to wear a jacket, so I can go bagless now.

…well once I get back to the hotel anyway.

7 Likes

I imagine that backpack would make your back sore too if you walked around all day with it. Smart move to go bagless!

2 Likes

Yeah, I had figured I could do the few hours after work. But security takes foooorever to go through it. And yeah it’s heavy.

Me no likey the heavy

5 Likes

That cookie is enormous!

2 Likes

Twss?

2 Likes

Ok, lack of updates were because I started running into fun delays. Bus took forever to get to the hotel (30 minutes) then there was a line to check in at desk (which I got an email requesting it) and then I got to my room to find out my mb wasn’t working on my door. Figured it has to do something with the Disney+ password fun. So I had to wait in another line to get that fixed.

Annnnyway. Finally on the bus to HS. ONLY 2 hours late. Ah well. Today and tomorrow are. “Take it easy” days. The we go into hardcore mode.

Meanwhile. Holy cow por:fq is awesomely decorated!!

Sorry if those are blurry, I went to take it and someone decided that was the time to come up behind me with their luggage.

18 Likes

What’s this about your Disney+ password affecting your MagicBand? Is that something I should worry about?

1 Like

Worry? No. Nor am I sure that is the direct cause. But the short version of the “Issue” is if you used the same email to sign up for Disney+ as your MDE, they combined accounts, and if you had different passwords (like I did) they ended up sharing them. So it reset my MDE Password.

Not a big deal at all. I was still able to enter the park and get on dme without an issue. And this was an old mb from back when they first started doing the custom ones.

Side note: the beignets are fantastic!!! But they’re not eligible for a ap discount? Boooo

6 Likes