Home for the Holidays - a trip report

Ohhhh there’s no place like home for the holidays!

Originally, this trip was set to start next week. But plans changed and I decided “yknow what? I wanna go to Disney early.”

So I am. And so here we are at the harbinger of adventure: The Philadelphia International Airport!!

Though this trip is going to start off much different than usual. While I was able to easily move my start time around, my ability to take off work wasn’t as flexible. So for the first 2 days I will be putting in an actual work day.

Me: I get to work at Disney!!!:grin:
Also me: …yaaay I get to work at Disney. :unamused:

31 Likes

And through security. Now the usual wait for the fun to start.

Nearly threw out my baggage claim ticket though. Close call since Disney was a jerk and never sent me my DME luggage tags.

6 Likes

Safe travels, have a great trip.

4 Likes

Soooo busy.

13 Likes

Woooo finally boarding. Definitely won’t be beating 45000 steps today. Didn’t move much at all waiting here. But I did catch up on the mandolorian so it balances out.

Kinda. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Doing preboard kinda felt like a waste this time. Flight isn’t completely full and just about everyone got preboard as well. Still, I didn’t have to check myself in so it’s still worth it in my eyes.

As I was last in line to board of the group, I was a tad worried that my seat would suck on the plane. But I’m happy to say that is not the case and I got a nice leisurely window seat that doesn’t have an engine in view unless you look directly out. And I don’t have careen my neck in a weird way to look out. Excellent!

18 Likes

Woo hoo! Docking clamps removed, engines firing up. Time to fly!

Be “back” in 2 hours or so!!

8 Likes

So much for getting any work done this week. Thanks @Randall1028:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Seriously though, thanks for doing another live report. I thoroughly enjoyed your last one.

9 Likes

Safe travels! Wow! A flight with empty seats this close to Thanksgiving?

4 Likes

Have a great trip! Excited to follow along!

1 Like

Landed and on mco monorail. I like the new overlay.

27 Likes

And I’m in the dme line and they’re taking care of my bags. So far, perfectly on time.

12 Likes

Are we there yet? We there yet? How about now?

15 Likes

happy to see you’re on your way. enjoy your trip! and, thanks for taking us all along with you!

3 Likes

Our DME driver is really good. For the first time on the way to Disney, got a full run down of the bus’s features.

Also dug out some park maps and schedules so we can look at them on the way to the hotel. While it doesn’t help me none, specifically, I imagine it’s very helpful to most guests.

12 Likes

Following along with you for the next 2 days until we leave is going to be both torture and the outlet I need! Thanks for bringing us along!

6 Likes

Luggage areas closed. Almost set to go.

Cmon!! Let’s run some red lights!!

Annnnd we’re off!!

7 Likes

Ugh, 3rd stop in the order. Booooo

But about what I figured.

6 Likes

Almost there!!!

1 Like

So jealous, but mostly happy for you! Enjoy your trip home!

1 Like