Holly Jolly Trip Report (11/29-12/5)

I was thinking the same thing!

Jambo! Today we say goodbye to Animal Kingdom Lodge and hello to Grand Floridian! We already have our room ready text! I couldn’t believe it. This is great news and makes our split stay so much easier. We are going to head to DHS a little later today and not rush the kids bc we walked 9 miles yesterday! Plan is to stay till close and I want to save their stamina.

DH snagged BG 24 this morning laying in bed lol. He snagged our first BG on Sunday. And he never practiced :crazy_face: but I DID lol. I told him he’s standing on the shoulders of giants :rofl: FWIW on Sunday we were leaving our hotel near MCO and he had 5G there. We got BG8. Today at Jambo he had 4G and he said it was noticeably slower. I know 5G coverage isn’t everywhere yet but for us there seemed to be an advantage.

17 Likes

BG 24 will give you extra time this morning. No need to rush in! :+1:

3 Likes

Loving your report! Can’t wait for more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the picture with the Millenium Falcon! How were you able to get it without people? Was it first thing in the morning?

1 Like

Yes! We RD SWGE and it was awesome. We were the first and only ppl there for at least 10 minutes.

4 Likes

We are getting tired folks lol. I have a bunch of thoughts on mid-day at DHS. I will share more later but the TL;DR is this: lunchtime is crowded. It’s more crowded if two headliners are down. Social distancing was not happening during these times. Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to mobile order lunch around 10:30 am if you don’t have an adr.

Fantastic seating at Oga’s. If you love Star Wars don’t miss Oga’s. If you love margaritas, don’t miss the outer rim!

We ended the day at Il Mulino. Best. Dinner. Ever. So so delicious. Do it. Skyliner there from DHS was perfect.

Checked into GF and it’s amazing. Wow. Love it here. Saw a mini character pop up in the lobby. Pluto and Goofy. Kids loved it!

P.S. it was COLD

16 Likes

Few more… we LOVE SWGE!!

12 Likes

Great pictures!!

We loved Oga’s so much :heart:

1 Like

You’ve convinced me! My next trip:
:heavy_check_mark: RD SWGE one of our two days at HS.
:heavy_check_mark: ADR for Oga’s, mid day drink break.

3 Likes

I ate there with friends back in Jan 2018 on Marathon Weekend and It Was Amazing! I did think the portion was a little small for the price, but it was the most delicious mushroom ravioli I have ever had. Salivating just remembering it! Glad you enjoyed it too!

2 Likes

Ok, I’m not excited for much about Covid Disney but I am super pumped about Oga’s during Covid!! Looks so much less stressful than pre-pandemic with everyone squished into a tiny space. Super pumped we have an evening ADR there next week!

3 Likes

And Josh over at Easy WDW seems to echo your sentiments regarding HS touring in the middle of the day. He post yesterday was entitled “The Impossibility of Late Morning Disney’s Hollywood Studios Touring.” :sweat_smile:

That is accurate! Lol. Impossible. I felt so bad for thee who waited for slinky and it never came back online.

Enjoying my room with a view :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Today was a good day. We took it easy. Rolled into mk around 8:30 am and went straight to POTC which wasn’t open but we waited. Walked on at 8:50 ish. Then 5 minute wait for an excellent Jingle Cruise with Paige who was very funny. My DS7 laughed he entire time lol. Then Magic Carpets bc DS6, then BTMR before Whispering Canyon at 10:45 am. First time and really enjoyed it. Second best breakfast to GG breakfast but tomorrow is Topolinos breakfast so I may change my mind lol.

Wilderness Lodge atmosphere lived up to the hype. DD9 who doesn’t know about the “home” terminology we use, looked at me and said “mommy, this feels like home” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my sons loved it, too. DH was meh. He’s more on the Riviera side of preference, which I generally am, too but I get so lost in the theming of it all. I romanticize all of it.

Family needed to rest so we went back to the room and relaxed for the afternoon. It’s SO HARD to do but so important for us. These breaks make a WORLD of difference in how our days go.

Super early adr at B&C at 3:50 pm. Food wise this was one and done for us. Ice cream wise, it was great. We all really enjoyed it. Yes, it was kitschy and WAY TOO MUCH ice cream but it was fun and I loved my No Way Jose. I wish I could’ve taken it with me. You see, our original reservation was for beach club so we had planned on getting to go from here multiple times. We still look forward to staying here one day. Covid bumped us out bc the non DVC side is closed.

After ADR we went back to MK and got a ton done. Splash twice, BTMR, buzz twice, Space, teacups, Speedway (DS6!) and Pooh from 6-8 pm. Slow walk out and some photo pass shots on the way to the boat.

Tomorrow is Epcot and I CANT WAIT. I love eating all the festival food. Kids are ready to find Olaf and Kid Cot while we enjoy the tastes of the season. I can’t believe we only have two more park days. I could use two extra.

Meanwhile at GF the walls are thin. That’s all I have to say about that :rofl:

15 Likes

:flushed:

2 Likes

Loved your update and your pictures! Sounds like a great day!

1 Like

Yeah. Lol!! Thank God for sound machines

Amen :joy: