Holly Jolly Trip Report (11/29-12/5)

My DS is cut from same cloth. I’d love to see a pic!! He LOVE pandas :panda_face:

1 Like

Ill have to find it. Hes 22 now and we painted over years ago but I know we took several pics!
DD had fairies, flowers and horses

1 Like

Nice!! Last night the posted wait time for MMRR was 5 minutes around park close. Maybe you can ride tonight!

Sounds like y’all are having a wonderful morning!!

3 Likes

So tired!! Awesome day. Waiting on the shuttle to shuttle us over to Kidani for Sanaa. Man. I see what all y’all are saying about Jambo. It’s the best!!!

18 Likes

AK has been great for us today! It was raining when we got here. Caught the bus from Jambo and arrived in the park about 8:45 AM. We zagged to Asia and did Kali twice in the rain without having to get off LOL because kids wanted to do it. We actually could’ve done it a third time if we wanted we were literally the only ones on the ride. Next Everest twice, lots of wilderness exploring, yak and yeti was amazing tuna nachos for the win! Then safari, then Pandora rides. It’s now 2:40 pm and we are basically done because we won’t do dinosaur LOL. The line for flight of passage was only 30 minutes after we ate lunch, we also rode navi river journey in 20 minutes. The weather is gorgeous, it only rained for like two hours. Heading over to Disney Springs tonight. Overall a great day!

19 Likes

Best park day! Love the pics. Sounds like a very relaxed, low-crowd day.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great day in my favorite place!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to have lunch there this weekend. Looks like a lot of us had the same idea getting an ADR there, so they must be doing something right. Will remember the tuna nachos.

1 Like

I love Y&Y! I have an ADR there and one for Sanaa on our AK day and I can’t decide which one to keep. Leaning towards Sanaa just to have time at AKL…

1 Like

It truly was!! I adore AK.

1 Like

Thanks! I can’t believe how light it was.

Ask for Joseph! He was a fantastic server. Our first cast compliment!

2 Likes

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas Sorry trying To voice text on the bus to Disney Springs LOL
We had Sanaa last night and Y&Y today. I do wish they were more spread out, but I do not regret going to both one bit! We loved the bread service and the butter chicken are fantastic. Tough choice if you can swing both, do it! Lol

1 Like

Dang that would be the best option!! But my plan is an hour or two at Sacred Spaces and then straight on to lunch. I don’t know if my kids could take a third place to sit down and eat! Lol!

Good point! We passed the secret sacred place and I suggested it to DH and he wisely pointed out that our kids would ruin it for everyone else there lol. Time to plan an adults only trip!

5 Likes

Two days in and this really has been a great week to go. From our experience, crowds have been very manageable. AK felt like a ghost town compared to DS which was packed for a cold Monday. That wind chill is no joke lol. If you have young kids, try the Christmas tree hunt at DS. My kids loved it. Great holiday spirit activity. Tomorrow we switch resorts to GF and have DHS but we are not rope dropping this time. Got so much done Sunday so we are heading in mid day and plan to close it down lol. I want to be there at night!!

Also, random fun side note: two years ago we were here over Halloween and there was an R2D2 mug I wanted but I didn’t buy it when I saw it. Then it was never again to be found on that trip. Today I found it at WoD and was so happy to finally get that mug!

Finally I just want to say that the Disney masks are fantastic. I want one for every day of the week! Wearing that mask hasn’t been bad to me. But masks have really made it hard for me to hear. It’s already noisy and then masks just muffle and prevent lip reading. I wasn’t expecting that. I am always having to ask CMs to repeat themselves bc I can’t clearly make out what they’re saying. Just a random aspect I hadn’t anticipated.

12 Likes

Oh and if anyone has the recipe for Yak Attack can you please share it here :grin: soooo good!

What a great day! I love your kids wilderness-exploring together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

They are so adorable. Dd9 is about grown out of it :sob: silly pre-Tween lol. My boys are allll about it.

1 Like

YES! This was so hard! What a crazy challenge for deaf and hard-of-hearing. It must be very isolating. I have a minor hearing issue, and I just feel for those who have it so much worse than I.

3 Likes