Holiday festivities in December?

Ooh, that’s the same as DDs!!

2 Likes

Ok cool! It was one of the most interesting looking ones and then I read up on some of woods and their meaning etc and I just knew this was the one.

3 Likes

i use an elastic pony tail holder looped around the wand and my lanyard. I usually have it on the narrowest part of the wand.

1 Like

I bought wand holders on Etsy but that’s because I’m not crafty AT ALL. They have lanyards connected to wear around our necks.

1 Like

It’s here! It’s here! And look at this awesome letter the seller sent with it!

7 Likes

OMG!!

I adore Caylen :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
What a cool thing to do :zap::zap::zap::zap:

1 Like

Right?? Even cooler that she sold it to me for half price! I do feel like it was meant to be. It’s also the only item she’s ever listed for sale on Mercari. Kismet for sure.

2 Likes

Also just making sure that you know that if it doesn’t work when you get to the park, you can take it to Ollivanders and have it repaired for free.
I have no doubt that the previous owner has taken great care of it, but you never know what’s happened to it in the post (unless it arrived by Owl :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:).

2 Likes

I fully expected the packaging to have owls on it :rofl:

That is good to know. I guess I should travel with it in the box to keep it protected.

1 Like

I don’t normally like it when good things happen to other people, but I’ll make an exception in this case. That letter is totes adorbs.

3 Likes

Isn’t it? It was all rolled up as a scroll and bound with ribbon to the package. I might have squealed when I saw it.

2 Likes

That’s a reasonable response.

2 Likes

As usual, I’m late to this party, but I want to join because of how surprised I was with Universal’s holiday celebrations.

We went last year in the beginning of November. We were there for the first two days of holiday offerings plus the two days prior. It was me, my niece, my mom, and my two daughters. Girls weekend!!! It’s so incredibly worth it, even just for one day. You won’t regret it. We did all of the non-holiday stuff in the two days prior, then did ALL the holiday stuff on the first day it was offered and had the final day to do repeats of what we loved. It’s totally do-able in one day, especially if you aren’t going to be in line for lots of rides.

The highlights:

1. The Grinchmas stage show. I was absolutely blown away by the quality of this production. This tops the list for sure. You want to make sure you get in line early, ask the team member what time you are allowed to line up for the next show, they are very helpful. Also, if it is still in the blue man group theater then I suggest making sure you have water or a drink, because you will be out in the sun while you wait for your show to be let in. We were told that there’s a place to refill our Coke Freestyle cups next to the theater, but they were only selling bottled beverages at a very high cost. You wait in this backlot type area, with no shade. That’s my only complaint and it was our fault for not being prepared. If you have the coke cup with the refills then there is a place to fill up right next to the line entrance in seuss landing

2. The Macy’s parade. This also blew me away with the quality. As with Grinchmas, I was just expecting a theme park version. I thought it was going to be a small cheesey parade with some small balloons that make reference to the Macy’s thanksgiving parade. OMG, no. They are huge. They are impressive. Sit somewhere that you can see the giant tree, because Santa makes some Christmas magic happen there. We sat outside of finnegan’s restaurant and enjoyed our view.

3. The lights on Hogwarts castle. By far the prettiest projections they do

4. Meeting the Grinch. I think this would have been #1 for my mom. The actors are 100% on point. Waiting isn’t even terrible because it’s so fun to watch him with the families ahead of you too.

5. All of the other small christmas versions of their regular shows- don’t try to see them all, but my favorites were Celestena Warbeck (in Diagon Alley) Blues Brothers (in New York) and the Frog Choir (in Hogsmeade). Marylin’s show and I think the a capella group also have holiday overlays but they didn’t stand out to me.

6. This one might not be there this year. Last year they did this little “Christmas Village” type thing in city walk with holiday food booths and souvenirs. It was adorable. The egg nog was good, and we had some sort of cream puff thing that was good too. It’s cute and reminded me of a German Christmas Market. I liked the vibe. And I’m going to lump the tribute store in here too. It was too crowded for me (I panic in very tight crowded spaces) but the decorations were cute and well thought out

And of course you have to just walk around and take in all of the decorations and atmosphere. I loved the decor in Suess Landing

6 Likes

We are going in December (the 6th) for one day during our Disney trip just to do the first three on your list (anything in addition to that will be a bonus). We have to figure out how plan our day, since right now, we hope to eat lunch in Citywalk and then hit the ground running in the parks by 2:00 pm. Grinchmas is number one priority.

3 Likes

These are excellent tips! Especially about the direct sun. I will make sure to bring my sun umbrella which I was contemplating not bringing with me.

2 Likes

It’s a day well spent. If our passes didn’t expire just days before the holiday events kick off this year then I would be going for that instead of Halloween Horror Nights (And in general, I like Halloween more than Christmas, so that is saying a lot about how much I enjoyed it!)

1 Like

yes, I use my sun umbrella a LOT in the Universal parks!!!

1 Like

Very good to know. I found a small Hufflepuff bag I was contemplating buying to carry with me, but it wouldn’t fit an umbrella.

Undetectable extension charm.

You’re welcome :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I think that’s advance level magic and I’m not there yet :rofl:

1 Like