Holiday festivities in December?

I can’t believe I’m even writing this, but I’m considering a one day park to park ticket in December to take advantage of all the holiday festivities in the parks.

Is it even possible to experience all the special events in 1 day? I know they have the Macy’s parade and some special Suess stuff too, but haven’t ever looked too closely. I’d probably spend some time wandering the HP areas too bc I’ve only ever been the year the first part opened. I also probably won’t ride anything bc either my butt won’t fit or my motion sickness would kill me.

I know it would be an expensive ticket, but not much more than the MVMCP at WDW. I guess my question is would it be possible to see and do it all in 1 day amd do you think it’d be worth it?

5 Likes

I’ve never been in December, so can’t help with your question. But if you are a night owl, I’d consider doing the Dec OI Meet-up for extra events and entertainment.

I think the 2022 holiday events details from UOR should be coming out this month.

3 Likes

I have seen that event in prior years and it does look fun.

2 Likes

No personal experience, but I think the ticket would be worth the cost just to meet the Grinch. I’ve seen some of his interactions in YouTube and he’s fabulous!! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

5 Likes

All the holiday events in one park or all the parks?

1 Like

All the holiday stuff in both US and IOA. I think it’s Suessland in one and the Macy’s parade in the other and then all the HP stuff in both parks.

3 Likes

Both parks. While USF has most because the parade and shows and such, the Christmas tree hunt is in both parks as well as decorations especially both Wizarding Worlds. IOA has the seasonal light show on Hogwarts Castle and I believe Grinchmas. Resorts and CityWalk have events too.

I’ll keep an eye out for news for this season.

3 Likes

December is so fun there! Every single ride store has themed Christmas trees! They are amazing, and it you can truly feel the hard work put into them, as well as the Christmas spirit!

All around the parks you hear Christmas music as well.

7 Likes

Just interestingly the 2 days I was debating to go to UOR are the days of the OI meetup. Those prices are higher than a 1 day ticket, but I know they include food. I just wonder if I can really see and do everything holiday in those evening after hours. And if not am I screwed bc the park is closing early for the party? Definitely a wrinkly situation.

2 Likes

Sounds like something I would really enjoy.

You can easily experience all the specialty holiday stuff in one day.

The only thing that could cause you issues are the Manheim Steamroller shows, those are on select nights only.

4 Likes

We are doing this in December. My wife and I plan to be over to UOR on Tuesday, Dec. 6 for Grinchmas, etc. Go eat lunch in Citywalk and then into the parks for the festivities.

We have a seasonal pass that we plan to use in May 2023, but will activate it this December specifically to go into UOR without additional cost, other than paying to park.

3 Likes

Excellent! Thank you.

That’s an excellent plan. I’m shocked at how small the price difference is between passes and how cheap they are vs WDW.

4 Likes

Have you decided to do a day at UOR yet?

2 Likes

Yes I am actually thinking about doing 2 days including my arrival day which wouldn’t be a full day. It would probably be the Friday/Saturday after Thanksgiving though so I’m a little worried about crowds. Also the cost (I looked into the cheapest AP which isn’t much more than a 2 day p2p ticket, but doesn’t really include any discounts or anything) and if I really need that much time since I probably won’t be riding any rides btw my motion sickness and my fat butt. So I will definitely do 1 day at least, just not sure when.

1 Like

Nice! Yes the holiday weekend will be busy but will be doable in your situation. Make sure to do the 3 main shows, I love all of them.

2 Likes

Grinchmas and…what else? (I know about the parade as well…but wasn’t sure about the other shows you are referring to.)

1 Like

Well I was just talking regular shows, since she may not do many rides. Bourne stunt show, Animal show, & Comedy show.

2 Likes

I figured between shows, live performances by characters, shopping, snacking, and all the holiday stuff I may not even be able to fit it into 1 day.

2 Likes