Holiday festivities in December?

Here is an alternative form of magic.

3 Likes

I do have a miniumbrella like that, but this bag was too small for even it. Now I’m looking for something thematic that will also hold my wand in its box.

Info on the Grinch breakfast:

And the Holiday Tour (6pm)

1 Like

Thanks! Sadly the Grinch breakfast isn’t offered on the day we’re going, but @vcka did book the tour for us!

2 Likes

We did this in 2015 I think. The grinch show is cute and now it’s in a bigger theater than when I did it. The character breakfast was amazing. The grinch came sat at our table and did silly stuff like squirt ketchup on the table. It was great. Sad that’s not on your day but I’d definitely do the meet and greet and The Who’s. We did have the manheim steamroller concert but were tired so left early. We saw the Macys parade and the HP decorations. And blues brothers had a special Christmas show as did celestina warbeck and the banshees. I think frog choir does too but we missed that one. Enjoy!

4 Likes

That all sounds spectacular!

3 Likes

Can people please NOT post details of upcharge events because you know I’m going to book them and that’s just not good for anyone.

Holiday tour: booked

PS I am so excited about this.

9 Likes

Question: what is the difference between the will-call kiosk and in-Park pickup? I have to select between the two for the Grinch breakfast.

Screen shot attached.

Is either one of these through the vacation planning desk at our resort? Which is the better option between the two? Faster/easier? Location?

1 Like

I dont’ know which one, if either, would be faster, but GS/Merch have more places than the front gate entry.

1 Like

But the machines might be faster because you don’t have to deal with a human. I’ve used them before but I can’t remember for what. There wasn’t a line. I think I was even able to go to them the day we checked in in the evening when the hotel area was closed but this was years ago. There was a place in city walk I’ve picked up park tickets before as well. They change this stuff so much but why can’t you just get them at the hotel. In 2020 at CBR we just got all things at the hotel guest services.

1 Like

I would call the resort direct and they will know if their kiosks can print these special event tickets.

It’s so quick and easy calling Universal to get answers compared to some other places…

1 Like

I don’t’ know if I agree w/ this… I was listening to too much hype from USO, over 3 minutes, before I was given which numbers to push to get the info I needed. I was pretty annoyed at that point.

That is odd and annoying. I know it’s easy calling specific departments/resorts. I’m sure very different than the main number.

1 Like

I ok w/ a little hype (I’ll give you 10 seconds), but after a few minutes I’m NOT happy anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :laughing:

1 Like

We’re going in December for the OI meetup and it will be our first experience of Christmas in a theme park - can’t wait!!

We don’t have day admission, so no Grinch breakfast for us :frowning:

2 Likes

I really debated between a 1 day p2p ticket or the OI meetup and eventually decided the full day was better for me bc I’m not going for the rides as much as the holiday decor and shows and such.

3 Likes

That’s probably the right call for you. We’re like 70% rides, 30% decor/seasonal events.

3 Likes

Yes, as a person who has done OI it’s really only amazing for the lack of lines. You can literally ride everything that’s open and some of it multiple times. The food lines were terrible nor do I really like the quick service food at Universal with a handful of exceptions and those lines were the worst of the worst of the food lines (like Florean Fortescues). I’d say they were worse than daytime lines for those same places so I would not go to the event for the food or the shows.

4 Likes

Just adding dates/availability for record keeping :slightly_smiling_face: (October 19, 2023)
Note that the11/17 breakfast was available earlier, but already sold out on the first day.

2 Likes