Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

I’m considering booking a fall stay at DLR and haven’t read thru all these messages or know what to do. Will it be like WDW eventually once they get the system up and running? Can I book hotel and tickets and park reservations soon? I saw Grand Floridian will start taking reservations on 4/15 but the other hotels and is it only gonna be Cali residents they’ll let book even that far in advance?

2 Likes

I think it is just like WDW and I think Karen @Wahoohokie might confirm that. I still can’t believe how easy it was, I totally stressed for no reason. Hotel reservations should be fine, I think it’s just the purchase of park tickets they wouldn’t allow. At least until the park opens to everyone.

Terms and conditions when making reservations.

This is from an Anaheim Disney FB group.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed by Oct or Nov I can visit. I have family I miss there too in Orange County (Laguna Niguel).

Edit: DS16 was the one asking if we could go after he heard about the flying Spider-Man. He’s a big marvel fan. Collects the comics and knows all the stories.

2 Likes

I bet it will be open to all by then! :heart: Perfect time to visit too :slightly_smiling_face: I too am waiting for DLH to open. For the hotel and the Classic afternoon tea! I will be there opening day at Avengers campus and will share all the pictures of Spiderman that I get!

2 Likes

Neat about the tea. I do prefer Grand Californian for the proximity and back entrance but it’s often twice as expensive. I try to catch it on sale but with the backlog of people trying to get in I doubt there will be one! So I’ll take Disneyland Hotel too. :-).

1 Like

I am curious what room prices for opening week at GCH will be. When Galaxy’s Edge opened they were $425

1 Like

That’s not bad. I went oct 2019 for Ooogie Boogie and they were $700+ until a sale came out so I scored em for $500. The sale at Disneyland Hotel was $300 though and much more affordable but since it was just a three day weekend I said what the heck. But $700-$800 a night is a LOT.

But look at the room we got.

4 Likes

I am guessing the price will start around $600-700 a night. Would be happier to see it less, but I bet they can get the high prices after a year of being closed.

4 Likes

It is similar to WDW, except for the rude message at the end that tells us out of staters to stay away. :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking. Have you ever stayed at Paradise Pier? I’ve never stayed at that one and am curious but still think I’d prefer DLH. Any word on Disneyland or Paradise Pier opening dates for booking I’ve missed?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I was just wondering about that back entrance to DCA for GC. There’s no way they could socially distance that line. I bet it won’t open with the resort?

1 Like

I was wondering the same. No way there is room for the temp check, security dog check, bag check then metal detector

1 Like

That’s a good view! We had the front parking lot

Your view looks similar to one we had from the DVC Villias! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah I think the room was close to them. It was a long way from the lobby. I’ve previously twice had pool view rooms that were much closer to the lobby (I got bumped both times as I paid for standard). I was able to sorta see World of Color from the balcony though it was a sideways view so distorted images. But the moment I shut the door I couldn’t hear a thing so they did a great job soundproofing which if they normally charge $700+ a night they better!

2 Likes

I have stayed at all 3. I love DLH the best. Paradise Pier is nice, though it’s usually not that much less than the DLH, so we have only stayed at PP once.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what gets me. The pool and slides at DLH are great and the bar and it’s a bit closer. So for just a little more I always choose it. But a part of me wants to try them all. Lol

2 Likes

It looked all ready to go when we were there for Touch of Disney. They’ve got plexiglass up so I think it will be open.

3 Likes

The back entrance? If so then I may do GC. I love that entrance. I really love things like that. Lol. I can’t wait to pay an arm and a leg in Paris for the Disneyland Hotel Castle Club rooms with their own elevator into the park. This is super important to my bucket list!

3 Likes

Yes, the entrance into DCA. I can’t imagine how they will fit many people in there though.

2 Likes