Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

4 Likes

GCH reservations open April 15th and park reservations open April 12th at 8am April 9th If you hold a current park ticket you can check on available days

2 Likes

HERE WE GO!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

“may” :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ve got tickets linked from last year, so might just book some days, then will watch the reports of whether or not they are actually checking IDs. If not, I foresee a trip much sooner than if they actually check.

3 Likes

I too have 2 2 day Park hoppers in my Disneyland wallet! I can not wait! I just heard they will be honoring the PH but you pick a park and then you can only hop after 1.

2 Likes

I think to buy new tickets, they may ask for some sort of proof that you are a California resident, like with the So Cal tickets. But already having tickets that step might just be skipped. Luckily there are plenty of peeps out there who will try and skirt the CA resident rules, and will post their results for all to see. Probably not me, not sure if I would take the risk, but I will definitely be watching for reports!

1 Like

I am wonder what the prices for the Grand Californian are going to be for opening weekend and what the perks will be for making reservations there. Right now looking at the hotels on Harbor Blvd. I can get the whole weekend for just a night at the Grand. So far I’m seeing Tropicana Inn $119 a night Park Vue $132 Grand Legacy $135 and Del Sol $115. all are 2 queen rooms except Del Sol is 2 queens and a bunk bed

2 Likes

Jessica asked if they are going to honor our EE we never used. :laughing: I forgot all about that!

1 Like

Julia just sent me a new article from ABC news saying Newsome just announced that the state will lift most pandemic restrictions by June 15th. That would be awesome as I want to take the kids in July!

5 Likes

I saw Farrah @bellsmum post that! I need to see what days my So Cal tickets are blocked out. I am hoping they will make an annoucement with the Star Wars nite and Villains NIte events too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect those for awhile. WDW has been open since the middle of July and still has not started the special events again.

1 Like

Here is one such article.

The two specific criteria for the state to fully reopen on June 15 are: vaccine supply must be sufficient for Californians ages 16 and older who wish to be inoculated; and hospitalization rates must remain stable and low.

Seems reasonable. Can’t wait! I’ve already booked the Courtyard Marriott for a week in October for my whole family and in-laws.

3 Likes

I am holding out for onsite- probably the Grand Californian. I love the DL Hotel but not sure it will be open yet. I am a bit scared about what the prices at the GCH will look like though.

4 Likes

Brace yourself for $700 a night!

I will do that for me and my wife but with a family of 6 now and my in laws coming along, it’s no longer an option for my second Disney vacation in one year. I’ll trade a longer length of stay for less grandiose accommodations.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be paying their prices if we needed more than 1 room either. And we only need 4-5 nights I think, instead of the 11 night trip I currently have planned for WDW/UOR. I already have tickets for DL, but would have to pay for 3 8 day tickets at WDW so DL onsite works out to be a less expensive trip overall. Now they just need to let us in!!

2 Likes

Our tentative plan is one night at Legoland and 4 nights at Disneyland. Perfect length to enjoy all the offerings without feeling too rushed or getting bored. (If that’s possible. :wink:)

1 Like

Perfect. My kids loved the Legoland hotel when they were little, probably more than the parks! Your kids are perfect ages for LL, but if you haven’t been before, go there first. After visiting DL, you will see all the loading issues at LL and it will make you crazy. Not that I speak from personal experience, or anything. :rofl:
We will likely go to San Diego as well, my DS17 wants to go to college there, we have been holding out visiting until the schools offer some in person tours.

4 Likes

We have been and my kids love the hotel and park more than Disney. And yes, we will make that our first stop! For my sake more than theirs. :joy:

2 Likes