Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

We will likely try and get 3-day tickets for mid-late August which is what we have done in the past as our last “hurrah” before school starts. I will wait to hear if things on Harbor have calmed down before we decide where to book, we like Anaheim Hotel. I’m hoping PPH opens…

3 Likes

What does this mean?

I’ve heard some reports that Harbor side has deteriorated a bit after being closed for so long. It’s possible most of that has passed once DTD opened, and ToD launched…

I actually thought Harbor was the best it has ever been this trip. We saw exactly zero homeless people, zero people peddling things at the gates, and nothing but happy TOD guests and cast members in the 4 days we were there. The only thing that was a little off was the McD’s and Panera are gated off/boarded up. But the lack of all those other things was amazing. McDs had a sign they were opening soon. We stayed at the Fairfield, so did not venture further south of the Crosswalk by foot, but did drive down that way multiple times. I liked what I saw, in comparison to previous trips.

4 Likes

That’s great to hear! Thanks, Karen!!

1 Like

I’m so happy to see things starting to look up for you all in California!

4 Likes

I had the same thoughts. I was a bit weird out by how empty Harbor was though.

2 Likes

I want tickets. Don’t know for when. Wondering if I should join the crush of humanity on opening day…

3 Likes

The answer is yes. We need a trip report thread once TOD is finished!
I do think opening day tickets will go quickly though, and unless you already have tickets linked it might be difficult to get them. Since 1 day ticket holders can book on April 9, and then people who have already purchased multi-day tickets can buy on April 12…will there be anything left for opening weekend after that? This is how it was handled in WDW for reopening as well, if you had tickets or an AP linked, you got first dibs on park reservations. It was a few weeks later when they allowed people to buy tickets. For DL it is only for a few days, but it seems reasonable to me that opening weekend will be booked up with existing ticket holders. Any chance you have some tickets lying around?

5 Likes

:sob:

Maybe I’ll try for late August or early October.

We should know by next week what availability there is left before tickets can be bought on Thursday. The calendar is available for WDW whether you have tickets or not. Don’t give up hope!

4 Likes

We are planning on opening day :heart_eyes: So I vote Yes on going :slightly_smiling_face: Even if we have to stay all night in IHOP we are planning on going. LOL That’s only if we get a reservation. I need to read up and get ready for Friday! Are they offering EE at WDW?

4 Likes

No EE. Friday is for 1 day tickets, right? Monday is for multi day tickets?

1 Like

California residents only. How very Californian of them. Typical.

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Grumpy_in_Tejas … you missed your 2020 DLR vacation just by a smidge. :pensive:

1 Like

I think the 9th is just to see what is available? Then the 12th make reservations? I need to reread it all again. I think I may just use one day here and one day there. They supposedly didn’t have to be consecutive days so do you think that counts as a one day? :laughing:

I think they were at $129 for one park one day :astonished:

2 Likes

I read all the stuff again, and still don’t understand what is happening on April 9th. :crazy_face: Disney is good at making us try to figure out what they really mean.

2 Likes

5 Likes

And I see they are listing the Classic Afternoon Tea as a no right now :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like