Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

They aren’t significantly different. What is the price difference between them?

1 Like

$129 (Desert) vs. $114 (Anaheim)

2 Likes

and @Ms.BarbsWildRide

For my dates, Dessert is $129 and Anaheim Hotel is $143, $14 difference.

Dessert may be the best I can do for the price. Further out is not necessarily any cheaper. And I have to keep in mind that I’m by myself. Hopefully, Disney will be running closer to capacity then and there’ll be lots of people walking together.

When we finished at Touch of Disney, there was hardly anyone around on Harbor.

Thanks for all your help!

2 Likes

We had trouble finding a decent priced hotel for March 2022. I thought booking it almost a year out, we might find some deals but no such luck :(. I want to be within walking distance so that narrows the choices down a bit. DH said we might not be able to go with the prices being higher than expected. I told him we just have to increase our trip budget and the problem will be solved!

2 Likes

Check around at various sites because I found Anaheim for $114. Your dates were 11/15-19, correct? It is entirely possible that they raised their rates in that time though. But I would continue to check sites like Expedia, Booking.com, etc. I would also call them direct and see if they offer any direct deals. You never know what kind of deal you will find. When we went for ToD, my friend settled $145 at Fairfield and I went on here and all the sites and got us $105 a night for our stay. I can be a little relentless, but it can pay off.

1 Like

Hotels and airfare can actually be more expensive when you book that far out. Keep checking sites like Expedia, booking.com, or any of them really. I would imagine they will come down a bit. I would also look at how close you are to spring break. That can also drive up the price. I personally would not be afraid to stay a bit farther to save money and take ART in. What is a more reasonable budget for you?

Thanks

@stlouie and @jaschenb I almost forgot, getaway today used to have some pretty good deals prepandemic. Check and see their offerings.

1 Like

I don’t think I would pay more to walk further. Just go with Desert Inn. :smile:

2 Likes

Those are the correct dates. I went to the Anaheim Hotel’s website. I’ll keep on checking! Thank you for the help and tips!

1 Like

I want to say it was Booking.com, but not 100% sure.

1 Like

The Clarion over on Convention way is rather low in cost. Place is huge. There is an ART bus stop right in front of the hotel.

2 Likes

Thank you! My dates are $87/night. It’s further down Harbor. I forget how much is ART. Gotta go look it up.

2 Likes

@93111tink That’s what I’m talking about!! Also here is the deal I found. Make sure you can get free cancellation in case you can get a better deal.

2 Likes

This was the Red Lion Anaheim now under new name and management. Down farther on Harbor by the CVS

3 Likes

I’ve stayed at both. The Desert Inn is a fantastic location and usually competitively priced, but I’ve only see them priced at the absolute lowest along Harbor the one time we stayed. The room was nothing to write home about and actually of all the older hotels along Harbor was on the worse end with wear & tear of what we had seen (and we stayed at many of them before their most recent refurbishments), but I was willing to chalk that up to one bad room since the hotel is favorite and I was more than willing to book again if they came in at the lowest price. However, that changed when I did book them again, needed to cancel and ended up with a scam-like experience cancelling the reservation (within their terms). I know it’s a favorite here and many do and have had fine stays there, specially because their price/location are quite feasible. I would just prefer to take my business to literally any of the other hotels that are better managed & maintained (some of them much more so) than Desert Inn.

In contrast, the Anaheim is one of my faves. Disclaimer: it’s because of my utter obsession and bias towards The Pizza Press- it’s our favorite eatery in Anaheim to dine (outside of DL) and so most trips, we make a point to eat there at least once. So having the walk there be so close to our room saves a lot of time (and steps).
But as for the hotel itself, the lobby has been recently redone, the pool is large, the rooms are large and well maintained, and best of all, I have never had to call my credit card company to inquire if the Anaheim Hotel had charged my card a night earlier than their terms stated or then cancel said credit card when there was no pending charge and to avoid the actual charge coming in because the Anahei hotel has never refused to cancel my stay to try to bully me into still being charged for it. So it’s the little things.

3 Likes

I and another mom are going to take a group of teen boys there in about a year for their graduation. For grad night the trend has been to go to magic mountain or great American instead. The group of boys my son is friends with were raised right :wink: and would prefer Disneyland. So they will go on their grad night, but we will do our own grad night later after school let’s out. We are hoping to get adjoining rooms so the moms can get some sleep. I am starting to think that maybe the Anaheim hotel might be a good option.

4 Likes

Good job mammas! That is definitely raised right!

Grand Legacy is a decent option too and the two properties have almost identical websites so I have often wondered if they are the owned/managed by the same people. I honestly just go down the map and price out everything, including parking and trying to factor in how much will any free breakfast save us (sometimes zero because we just like to head into the parks first especially if it’s continental), and then pick the cheapest one. If Park Vue (shortest walk!) and/or Anaheim (Pizza Press) are not the cheapest, but close to it I may lobby for those, but usually it’s the cheapest that wins out for us. And for most trips I have priced (2015-2019 at least), Grand Legacy and The Anaheim were better priced than most everything else.

4 Likes

I booked myself these hotel options:

• Dessert Inn for $129

• Clarion for $87

I will check on hotel prices regularly and see if I can get a better deal. I looked at the previous week, which includes Veterans’ Day. It was more pricey!

We stay in a lot of Hilton family hotels around the country. I eyed the Suncoast Park for $106. It is the same distance as the Clarion to Disney but nearly $20 more per night.

Thank you for all your help!

5 Likes

My daughter graduates High School the day before we leave for Avengers Campus :blush: While they are having a late prom and a regular graduation there will be no Disneyland Grad nite.

1 Like