Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

Karen @Wahoohokie have you received your AP refund yet?!? I saw earlier a lady report she finally received hers today. I’m hoping you have.

1 Like

So much crazy fun back then! I definitely want to check them out at Knotts now! :heart:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to find out what this is about! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Nope. It was supposedly escalated to the finance department, I told them to cancel whatever they think they have refunded- they say the refund was processed in January, or another date in February (that’s what another CM said), and that Chase is the issue. They obviously are trying to refund to my credit card but not using the right number or something. Anyway I told them to cancel that and please just mail me a check. They said they would do that, but there is no timeline for when that might happen. I seriously cannot understand why they cannot refund me, it has been since January. Makes me so mad.

3 Likes

No reason for it to take this long. I’d be totally pissed too.

2 Likes

This came up in my 2017 FB memories and I had to share. Disneyland, Michael Rooker aka Yondu meeting with the real Mary Poppins! :heart:

5 Likes

I finally have time to firm up my trip. I looked at hotels and feel kinda floored by the prices! :sob: My family can’t go. So, it will just be me. As such, I can’t bring myself to spend that much on lodging.

I’m looking at November 15-19.

We (3 of us) stayed at the Fairfield for under $100/night for Touch of Disney. For my solo November trip, $248/night; Tropicana wants $189; Park Vue wants $194. Dessert Inn wants $129; Grand Legacy wants $171. We stayed at Dessert Inn many years ago. It felt grimy and well used. Other thoughts? I rather not rent a car because the savings will zero out.

1 Like

Also, where should I buy tickets? Discounted outfit like Undercover Tourist or directly from Disney?

We’ve always done park hoppers because the two parks are so close. If you are solo with 3 days, would you buy a hopper? I’m leaning towards yes because it’s only me. Thoughts?

1 Like

I am so sorry. I too can not believe the prices all along Harbor Blvd. I was lucky to snatch up some dates right before park reopening announcement happened with Tropicana at $ 116 a night. Avengers Campus opening weekend has rooms at $229 :pensive: For us we have stayed at Desert Inn quite a bit and have never had any issues at all. Our last stay was in a 2 suite December 2019 shared with 6 other liner gals. So far the lowest priced rooms I’ve seen so are ones at the Clarion near the convention center.

3 Likes

I’ve always bought direct but many of the liner friends have purchased through UT and never had an issue

2 Likes

ARes travel for tickets has alway worked well for me. As for hotel, i will keep an eye out for you. It may be worth it to stay a bit further and use ART. If they ever open up the Toy Story parking lot, that may open up the hotels near the convention center.

2 Likes

I have only stayed at Desert Inn once, my only complaint was the pillows were terrible. They literally felt like rocks they were so hard. I drove to Target and bought one, and all was good! I also visited @93111tink and friends when they stayed in the suite, and it seemed good to me. Location is great for that price.

3 Likes

I often buy from Undercover Tourist, and have never had an issue. They have great customer service. I would buy hoppers if solo.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you. Can you believe the steal of a deal we got at the Fairfield we got in April?!?

3 Likes

It was a great deal in April, probably won’t see those rates again.

4 Likes

The Anaheim hotel has some good rates right now. It might be a bit of a walk though or you could take ART. $114 per night. I personally have never stayed there so I cannot recommend or deter you from it. Staybridge is $149 per night and my good friend always stays there and loves it. Again I have never been, but at least I know someone who has.

2 Likes

I stayed at the Anaheim Hotel once, it isn’t much further than my usual hotel Grand Legacy. Plus Pizza Press is there. Large rooms, no issues.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Do you like the Anaheim Hotel better than Dessert Inn?