Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

A reminder that reservations open up tomorrow for a few different places! GCH bar won’t open for reservations until May 28th

3 Likes

So I left my laptop on last night to the Blue Bayou page and this morning I’m in like Flynn!! Lol dates still aren’t ready but at least I’m in. Never seen that happen. While on my phone I’m getting Big Thunder queue

2 Likes

Just updated for me…1 minute (I’ve been “recalculating” since 5:14am). On a fresh browser I opened just now (5:53am PST) it said 16 minutes but revised to show approximately 1 minute wait

I’m guessing 7am PST opening time. Mine just refreshed to show 4 minutes

Well that didn’t work out as planned. Forgot to login on my PC browser so got delayed there and used phone, but everytime I tried to confirm a dinner time it took me back to finding a reservation. Ended up with an early lunch next Thursday at Blue, better than nothing since everything appears gone for Thursday/Friday next week @ Blue. Did get Napa Rose dinner on Friday on the phone. Still have the “new” browser window open. It went down from 16 minutes to approximately one and now it’s at 34 minutes. Hope everyone got what they were looking for, it appears it was mad rush like all the other “openings” have been.

1 Like

I’ve made a few reservations already. Any dates to try for?

I’m in right now anything I can check for you?

Thanks, I’m ok, was hoping Blue Bayou lunch for 5/27 or dinner. I have an 11:10am lunch so all good. Last I looked everything was gone on 5/27 and 5/28 for Blue Bayou (at least for party of 3 people).

1 Like

I was able to snag a reservation for a friend and had to change it for 2 to 4 . it offered 3 new times to choose from which I was surprised. I also have a dinner reservation on the 4th :heart_eyes:

So I just went and compared the Disneyland hotel prices to Grand Californian and Paradise Pier for my dates and they are very very close ($50ish) less than Grand Californian and close 40-50% more than paradise pier. It used to be the opposite. Guess I get to knock off trying out Paradise Pier for the first time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It was that way in 2019-2020 as well. It was at least $500 for DLH and generally $600+ for GCH, with PPH sometimes as low as $350.

1 Like

When I went in Oct 2019 it was like $275 for PP and $325 for DLH and $500 for GCH with the sale prices.

1 Like

Ah yes I was referring to rack rates, but that is still quite a good deal for DLH.

Yup I was all in for DLH and jumped ship last minute and paid the out the wazoo GCH prices cuz I am a spoiled brat. LOL

2 Likes

I will say I am sort of looking forward to trying a new experience but the walk does seem farthest. The other option is the Fairfield I have reservations at too in a connecting room with a family we’re travelling with (teen sons are BFFS but do teen boys call themselves BFFS?) are staying there. I have both booked for right now though because I LOVE being in the Disney bubble and they don’t want to pay the prices. I am kind of hoping Disney will offer a sale and they’ll be willing to move over. Because I’d love to be close to them for the kids but the bubble?!?! I cannot make up my mind and I don’t have to for a few months. :wink:

2 Likes

Mr Josh at Knotts Berry farm!! Checking out the band Hiatus play. They used to be DCA’s MadTParty. They are the 3rd really great live band to be snatched up from Disneyland by Knotts. Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, 80s All Starz and MadT

5 Likes

Oh I loved the MadTparty! It was so much fun!

1 Like
5 Likes

Thank you for being my first source of seeing this info! This helped resolve our plans for our first trip back. It was both sad (that it’s not sooner), exciting and relieving to have a set plan again.

We* have been quietly holding tickets and reservations for Avengers campus opening as we are mostly all huge Marvel fans and had been talking the entire closure how excited we are for it and would be willing to pony up for any pre-opening party event they did for it. We were so hoping that announcements would come out around Memorial Day to allow for out-of-state travel. However, with this latest release of information it looks like there won’t be budging before June 15th

New plan is June 15th-20th (one break day on Saturday 19th so we can be in DL for both the first day possible AND our wedding anniversary on the 20th. Nevermind that we just discussed the possibility of buying 1 day no hopper tickets for one weekday and would maybe consider doing a full DCA day to focus fully on Avengers campus) and then switching the reservation on our 5 day tickets from that weekday to Saturday the 19th. Just sell me an Annual pass again please!!! :rofl::upside_down_face::woozy_face::sob::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

*Family of 6, from out of state, and everyone who’s been alive long enough to have needed a pass before Disneyland closed is a legacy passholder. DH & I are fully vaccinated and have been since April, but all 4 kids aren’t old enough to be vaccinated.

3 Likes

Park hours are slowing starting to increase :blush:

2 Likes