Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

What an amazing day yesterday was!! Even though it was 92 degrees most of the day. When we left at 8pm it was 81 .

My steps yesterday and I wasn’t even tired. Could have totally went until midnight!

5 Likes

It is sooo weird to see!

In classic Disneyland fashion on our 4th ride of the day ( before 9am ) Roger Rabbit broken down and we had to walk off right before the entrance! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: The CM laughed and said Welcome Back!

5 Likes

Oh Wow! Very interesting. I wonder if there was enough room on the ride to open the queue again to everyone or, like you said, it was just a glitch. Yeah, it would be interesting to see if they can do it again.

2 Likes

During the RotR BG process, the app will ignore my “Legacy Passholder Discount” right? It shows up as a linked ticket and I don’t want the app thinking it’s a person and denying me a BG because it doesn’t have a reservation. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’d rather hit “Select All” than try to manually select the individual members of my group, which will slow me down.

3 Likes

Glad you had a great visit! I cried watching videos of people walking down MS with all the CMs cheering and waving at them.

3 Likes

I doubt this is a problem because most people there yesterday probably have legacy passes!

2 Likes

Congrats on the BG and getting to ride RotR! And all the other fun yesterday! I’m super jealous!

2 Likes

The app did not include my legacy pass yesterday on that screen. I could click right through without having to make a change.

2 Likes

Another operational thing to note. They were not taking pics for multi-day tickets as we entered yesterday, no doubt to keep things moving. But they did take one of me the first time I reentered.

2 Likes

Good point!

Another observation to add. My ID was not checked anytime yesterday, but I overheard two different groups in DL talking about how theirs had been checked when the entered (or reentered) park in the afternoon. Seemed to be credible conversations, not sure how widespread it might have been.

2 Likes

So I did another RotR test and the app did indeed think my Legacy Passholder Discount was a person requiring reservation. I think I’m going to have to call and see if I can have that removed. I don’t really need it (I don’t buy a lot of stuff) and I don’t want it slowing down my RotR process.

(edit: OR it won’t matter. I’ll find out on the 12th when I actually have a reservation to do my solo mission before my hubs and I go).

And I noticed that it took slightly longer for the noon queue to fill than the 7am queue. I could refresh the screen twice before the Join Now button disappeared.

2 Likes

I will be interested to hear if people were able to get a second boarding group for RotR today.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go through the hassle of having it removed just yet. Either it only does that when you’re not actually in the park (when people have extra tickets linked, it only cares about those people who have a park reservation), or enough people will have the same issue and complain that they will fix it.

Yeah I figured I’d wait too. Things might be different on the day of my actual reservations. And, yeah, if it is an issue, people will say something. To have a BG slip through your fingers over something like that would definitely light up the switchboards. :slight_smile: thanks for the reassurance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uploading: 20210430_044451.jpg… Uploading: 20210430_063621.jpg… Uploading: 20210430_063628.jpg… Uploading: 20210430_080329.jpg… Uploading: 20210430_080501.jpg…

The morning started out waking at 3am ready before 4. So funny I kept checking the entrance gate from our hotel and couldn’t see anyone lining up, then we got out to the street and there were people everywhere in front of Captain Kidd’s and news crews too. Security was turning anyone away that tried to line up so everyone waited at the light. About 4:50am they opened the gate and we all ran to line up. Pushing and shoving kinda ( not me but others around us) happened right at the tight squeeze entrance.

I saw Mr Josh and stopped to say Hi!

3 Likes

Yes it will and I really liked that. It automatically adds the people in that days reservation party

I admit to bawling down Main Street! Having the all CMs welcoming us in was incredible :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The Peter Pan picture taken at 8:06 am then Snow White at 8:09am Space Mountain was our 9th? ride and that one taken at 10:10am It was an amazing day.

4 Likes

We rode 19 rides and were impressed at how well everyone stayed on their markers. On Big Thunder as you go up the stairs I took a picture of the plexiglass that separates the line. For Indy you go through the top of the Jungle Cruise queue. Haven’t been up there in years! We shared Pirates boat with one other couple. We had our own log for Splash and hardly got wet

5 Likes