Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

Sad to hear you’re not going to be my go to poster (I totally understand. I’m a planner too), but I’m so excited for your WDW trip and your first RotR! It’s such a great ride.

If that’s the case, I’m completely ok with that. I love that they’re limiting everyone to one ride/day as well. Totally fair. I haven’t done anymore research, but I’m hoping the park will remain at 25% until California’s full reopening on June 15th.

And if you know of any other poster I should watch for reopening data, let me know. Have a great time in WDW! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Yay for your BG! Have a fantastic time. I don’t know that I would bet up at 3:00 AM either … although, I will get up at 6:00 AM in Florida which FEELS like 3:00 AM, so maybe I would? LOL

3 Likes

One site I follow for wait times, etc. is Thrill Data. There’s a twitter handle too. It covers all sorts of theme parks, but especially Disney and Universal. This link shows wait time data for Disneyland - which has a sad gray bar for 400+ days but now is starting to show data points again!

3 Likes

Was watch Disneyland Nurse on his IG story looking for familiar faces. Didn’t see any, but still going to keep checking!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Getting concerned. It’s 9:45am and there’s a 60 min wait for Indy. I know it’s not business as usual, but that doesn’t look good if it’s accurate. Luckily there aren’t many rides that my husband likes or can ride (and of course Indy is one of them), so at least we’ll have time to get to them all. But still, he’s not going to want to wait an hour. Trying to remember it’s opening day.

1 Like

I have seen multiple reports that they are NOT checking for California IDs. @Jeff_AZ let’s go!

5 Likes

Touring Plans says the expected wait for Indy is 26 minutes. But not sure what that’s based on. Maybe Liners in the park are timing their waits.

1 Like

Probably not much at this point - just their same algorithms from before COVID.

@daw623 I’ve been looking at the DLR app (which appears to match Thrill Data) and times are fluctuating, so that 60 min wait might have been just the mad rush at the beginning of the day (says 35 min now at 11am). I’m hoping that the wait times are accurate (or I guess I should say that I hope they’re NOT accurate, cuz without FPs we’re gonna be waiting longer than I expected). In good news, everyone should hopefully be spaced out appropriately, so it won’t feel crowded, even if wait times feel like normal standby.

1 Like

I bet lines get shorter as the day progresses and everyone who was up at the crack of dawn loses steam. There will be a slight surge during park hopping hour though.

1 Like

I did see on Twitter that Indy went down right away too. (Anything that falls off that jolty vehicle easily stops the whole she-bang, so that DEFINITELY doesn’t help matters).

3 Likes

Poor Indy. It’s such a turbulent ride in general. How that thing manages to hold up at all is pretty amazing.

2 Likes

True on both counts.

2 Likes

Wow, noon times look great (about 20m average for even the best rides). Everyone must be having lunch. :smiley:

4 Likes

This guy is live streaming if anyone’s curious: - YouTube

(edit: Wait, I think this was a livestream. I don’t know. I’m a noob with this stuff. I think it’s just a recorded video now, but still. Great to see what the crowds and line setups look like)

(2nd edit: The guy filming it is a bit excited. Just sayin. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

3 Likes

Can I just say how fun it is to be doing DLR research again? :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Disneyland Nurse Reported that his friends were able to RotR both at 7 AND 12! He said he is going to try it out tomorrow. He also reported that he was able to get his photo pass pics for free. He is not sure if these were opening day things or if it is a glitch, but definitely something that I will be keeping an eye on.

4 Likes

Did anyone else see this monstrosity in ToonTown? Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway looks much more intrusive from the ground than it does from aerial shots I’ve seen!

I’m wondering if they will be covering it up with new hills when the project is closer to being completed?

3 Likes

WE DID!! In the Tram area right before they let us into the Esplanade!! We rode around 1:30

4 Likes